Dvorak Keyboard

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Wow, you all suck (well except for Gamelver and Jeff(. I've been typing using the natural 10pfinger method since 5th grade and the only reason I ever need to look up is to type parenthesis and stuff)as you can probably see_. Plus, I typed more this summer than ever before in my life and my speed has increased about ~20-30 GWAM.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:25 pm

Geeze, you guys suck at typing with your eyes closed. I suppose I have extra experience since I normally work on multiple computers at once :-P
Anyways, as I can attest to it (since I'm doing it right now), typing with your eyes closed shouldn't be hard.
Btw, the QWERTY layout was originally made to slow down peoples typing so typewriters wouldn't get jammed IIRC, haven't tried the DVORAK layout though.

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:31 pm

Thats right. I forgot to mention that. Its a shame how the only reason we arent all using the faster dvorak keyboard, is because people were afraid of change. I haventy gotten much chance to practice, but my Dvorak keyboarding skills are improving somewhat.
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

green

Post by green » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:26 pm

<eyes closed>
it can't be that hard :P look i even made a smiley

that sdvorak thing might be good, bit i wouldn't want to learna whole new method of typing, i'm so used to this one ;) ha, lemme see how i did..

</eyes closed> <--- typed with eye closed, pssh.

eh, not too bad ;)
i do try
near-infinite gmail invites, pm me.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:28 pm

Hey usbcd36 yor back! Where have you been man?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:30 pm

Hey! we haven't seen you lately,usbcd36! :D

Oh and this post was made with the keyboard UPSIDE DOWN! Try THAT! :D :P

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 pm

yeah, once you type enough (and I mean type while trying not to look :P) you get used to just knowing where all the letters and stuff are :). of course, since the numbers (and therefore parentheses_ are used less often, they're usually harder to type :(

heh....eyes closed....and only missed one parentheses...thing :P.

oh, btw....I, er, found ;) mario teaches typing and I must say....it actually kind of sucks now :P!!! I suppose it's just because it's too damn easy on the first two levels, and the third level only has two sets of paragraphs to type!!

I remember seeing a Resident Evil typing game once....wonder where I could find that :P...

lmm5cj5bxv5i;t5k,iczj,m5ng;n5s[xwww

see if you can decipher that :P (keyboard upside down....typing as if it wasn't :P) now i am typing with it upside down ;)....(wow, that took A WHILE....)
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:37 pm

Oh he pwned you all. But was it eyes closed too?
oh he owned you all (upside down in 24 seconds)
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:07 am

I learned how to type from these very forums! How about that! Before I had no need/want to type. Thank you BH FORUMS! :D Since I am self taught I developed a bunch of bad habits, of which I am trying to kill (as I have told a few of you on AIM). At least I correct my mistakes. If I didn't you wouldn't understand a damn word.

Anyways, here we go:
<eyes="close">
I can tyoe with my eyes cl9se3d!!!! w00r! M r = good typer! Mr, Broen can do iut, can you?
</eyes>
Eh, pretty bad. Took me like, 40 seconds too.

nos_slived
Higher Idiot

Post by nos_slived » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:54 am

I could type faster if I typed properly, but I'm usually lying on my bed with my computer either on my chest or next to me, so I never really practice my typing. In my oppinion, I think 45-55WPM with your computer on your chest is pretty damn good.

x24

Post by x24 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:55 am

[eyesshut]I really don't like to type with my eues crap necaise o jabe really big hanfs that disable from using the keyboard at maximum potential[/eyesshut]

Wow, that made next to no sense. :oops: There wasnt suppose to be a swear word in there, i was trying to type shut.

Where did this other keyboard style come from? I've never heard of it..

MasterChieff44

Post by MasterChieff44 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:09 pm

i never use homerow, i just type with my index fingers and use my pinkies for space, shift, and etc.

this is with my eyes closed:

I never type with gomerow. Mt wau is much better.
^^not bad

Current Projest: SnesP
Stage: eBay

nos_slived
Higher Idiot

Post by nos_slived » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:44 pm

x24 wrote:Where did this other keyboard style come from? I've never heard of it..
As said earlier, this is an old layout which was faster, but wasn't used for a long time, because the speed that people would type while using the layout often jammed old typewriters.