Ebay copyright infringement claim abuse by Nintendo and Sega

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

low_budget
Ebay copyright infringement claim abuse by Nintendo and Sega

Post by low_budget » Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Check out my phony ebay listing that gives some insight in a problem anyone selling game systems on ebay has had one time or another.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1147801601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nintendo has removed my Super 8 system simply because they don't like it, using false copyright infringement claims.
They will not let me sell my own design PCB with OFF THE SHELF components.

Sorry for the rant, but I think this is something everyone should be aware of.

wallydawg

Re: Ebay copyright infringement claim abuse by Nintendo and Sega

Post by wallydawg » Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 pm

That happens a lot with prototype carts too, which I suppose is a different story altogether since that's a licensed sega/nintendo product. On top of that, it STILL doesn't stop bootleg/fake carts and shady reproductions at inflated prices. They always seem to do the opposite of what seems fair, really. The conclusion I've formed from over the years is eBay is stupid.

Try GameGavel I guess, not a substantial amount of traffic for actual auction formats IMO (unless it's something incredibly rare like the Red Sea Crossing Atari game or the Seturn w/built in NetLink prototype system), but slap a fair BIN on there and you might see some action. There is an NESp up there now, which I believe is an old DKAP1 model bought in person at CGE.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Re: Ebay copyright infringement claim abuse by Nintendo and Sega

Post by marshallh » Tue May 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Neat project low_budget.
Sadly this is because ebay doesn't give a whit about whether or not the claim is valid. It's just easier for them to pull the auction and not much monetary loss for them.
You can always sell direct like I do, just set up a Paypal button. You can still get ripped off in theory but not for a whole lot, and no ebay fees (just paypal fees)