wisdom teeth

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:58 pm

Well thats not spontainious it would happen because of the oxegen if it were real...

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:43 pm

Sparkfist wrote:
sam fisher wrote:Mate its not pure oxygen. Pure oxygen and you combust into a lovely great fireball let alone the fact it would kill you other ways.
Funny they always say "We're going to put you on oxygen for awhile". There is also the fact that astronuts trained in pure oxygen enviorments (early years) and yeah ever hear of oxygen bars were you relax and breath in the stuff. Besides the whole idea of spontainious combustion has been proven to not exsist.
Actually, you can breathe 100% oxygen. It is used in medical, and aviation purposes. It is untrue that you would instantly spontaneously combust, but it is more susceptible to combustion (it just wouldn't kill you and engulf you in flames). Flash fires can happen under a fighter pilots mask if he/she *political correctness* is wearing something oily or petroleum based like lipstick, or chapstick. As for killing you in other ways, you can die from oxygen poisioning. If you breathe 100% oxygen for more than, say 20 hours, you would fill your lungs with liquid, and die. Just my 2 cents.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:14 pm

Actually I thought the only time breathing pure oxygen would kill you is if you went diving and were below 120 ft.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Ian_B

Post by Ian_B » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:20 pm

Well I just went to the dentist for a consultation and I needed to bring a copy of my X-rays. The short of it is I need to see a oral surgeon who is going to do the work. dentist doesn't want to touch them

Involverd in his work is cutting bone to get the 2 bottom wisdom teeth out which are coming in pretty much sideways. the top left is going to be the easiest because it has already popped (or in dentist lingo "Erupted" through the gums top right is going to be easier then bottoms but harder then the left because it is "impacted" under the tooth beside it. so all in all its going to be a fun nov 30th or their abouts because thats when D-Day is I hope anyways i'd rather it be sooner just to get it done. theirs going to be no laughing gas for me... its going to be right out IV drip.
I'm getting to old for this @#$%

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:58 pm

I can see your Cerebelum!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:29 pm

wow ian that sucks, mine were coming in pretty straight but only one had erupted :lol: yet so it was pretty painless for me, gonna suck for you im sure, it aint fun

Weebl

Post by Weebl » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:24 pm

Mine were just like that too, Ian, and I didn't have too much of a problem. Just follow the advice of lots of people in the thread and you should be fine.
Women are like internet domain names; all the ones I like are taken
Check out my shameless abuse of free blogging here

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:11 am

when i had a check up the other day the dentist decided mine had erupted i think. im only 15!

Ian_B

Post by Ian_B » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:08 pm

the only thing I"m in the least bit worried about is the nerve on the right because it is near the place where the bone comes out and if they mess up the nerve in anyways that nerve controls my bottom lip so it won't be fun having that parallized

and the fact that I hate, hate needles but ah well C'est La Vie

I go this friday to the oral surgeon for a consultation

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:17 pm

I got my wisdom teeth out on the same day Triton! :shock: It was actually pretty fun while they were taking the teeth out because I just felt like I was floating around.

GameReaper

Post by GameReaper » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:59 pm

I have all 4 wisdom teeth...
3 of them are all the way through, and the top left one it just now punching through... the only troubles ive had was itchy gums...
my doctor is chomping at the bit to remove them and i say not unless they cause me phisical pain... in fact their doing me an orthodontic favor... i have a gap... well not much of one any more...
so i laugh at you!
hey im short and bald i gotta be proud of something...
Anything free is something worth saving up for...

HomicidalBarber

Post by HomicidalBarber » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:09 pm

I got my wisdom teeth out, its fun, you get to get drugged. I consider people with 4 lucky though. My uncle had 5 (I dont know how)

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:41 pm

I can feel all four but they feel like they're coming in normal but very slowly...

HomicidalBarber

Post by HomicidalBarber » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:39 pm

Dude but yeah the wheel chair ride I got afterward felt like a MILLION miles per hour. After the surgery I some how 'appeared' in this room and i asked, How did I get here? Then they told me I walked and i found that funny for some reason so I laughed then I kept staring at the heart monitor on my finger. At home I spit up a bunch of blood on the drive way and didnt remember until later, it felt like a dream. Then I watched LOTR: The return of the king and i still dont remember any of that.

Ian_B

Post by Ian_B » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:45 pm

Well I just returned from the oral surgeon and I wont be having the one on the bottom right removed because it could parallize part of my face and it also is encased with bone so it should be alright but the other 3 are coming out on Dec 2nd. I'll be keeping the 3 of them hopefully then out of the 3 I will take the best one and see about bronzing it.

Grand total 1100 bucks Canadians... or around 800-900 bucks US