Office Space

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HK-47
Office Space

Post by HK-47 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:04 pm

Who here has seen the movie Office space?
Man thats a funny movie... So if you've seen it what did you think and if you havent seen it go buy it NOW! This is a truly halarious movie about the life of a cubical dweller who tries to deal with his job. He then realizes the perfect sulution... not caring! This movie is directed by Mike Judge. Click here to find out more => http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/ . Anyway this is a halarious movie. Does anyone here read Dilbert? Its a movie sorta like that. Anyway its just my opinion.

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:09 pm

I think i saw that movie is that the one where that guy in your pictures girlfriend works at tgi fridays becuase if it is i think i saw it.

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:20 pm

I saw the movie a couple of times, and yeah, it rocks :) I also like to read and watch Dilbert.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:35 pm

Yeah dilbert rocks! Heres my favourite comic. (Copyright Scott Adams)

F

Overrated

Post by F » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:54 pm

Office Space is good, but it's WAY overrated. I've seen it a couple of times and when people talk about it they're always like, "OMG OFFICE SPACE IS the SHIZNIT!" It's a good movie, but not as great as people make it out to be.

guest111

Post by guest111 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:57 pm

You will only find it as funny as people say if you've worked in a cubical

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:18 pm

Really? I thought it was funny and I've never lived/worked in a cubical.
Spoiler:
What I thought was really funny was that near the end the friends just loose it. The slaker gets promoted his friends is getting fired and when the building goes up in flames they walk away with 100s of thousands of dollars. That guy that was under the bosses shoe the whole movie, he deserved to get his revenge, best happy end ever.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

MetaFox

Post by MetaFox » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:28 pm

Talking about Office Space, did you ever see Mike Judge's animated "Milton" sketches on SNL that inspired the movie?

They are Beavis and Butthead style animations that features the Milton AKA the stapler guy. The guy in the movie is the perfect human form of the animated shorts. :P

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:31 am

I bought Office Space on DVD the other day.

Also, at my old apartment the guy who lived below me looked EXACTLY like Milton. To the point that my friends actually thought he was that guy. I'm talking mustache, glasses, posture, voice, everything. And we always referred to him as "Milton"... Because I never asked his name. He was a nice guy though.
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler