anyone think sony will try to steal the REV's controller?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:53 am

The Revolution Controller is a stupid piece of useless crap, it looks like a Remote Control

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:53 am

Exactly. No one in their right mind would want to copy that. In my opinion the best controller was the ps1/ps2 controller. It wasnt astounding or amzing. It felt good in your hands, and it was easy to use. Making a retarded tv remote with 4 badly placed buttons oesnt do it for me. What was so bad about the gc controller? I want to start a nintendo revolution controller haters club. We can sign a petition and go demonstrate at the launch!
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:09 am

The revolution controller, in my opinion, looks like it fell out Nintendo's *other word for "donkey"*

I believe it's yet another marketing gimmick to draw people to the Revolution, and other Nintendo systems, for that matter.

Touch Screen (DS)- Why was this necessary? If you wanted analog control, why nort build a slider pad like on the NES MAX controller (but better)?

Dual screens (DS)- yet again, I ask "Why?" Why is it necessary to have 2 screens for gameplay?

Wireless controllers (Rev.)- Pointless. If you wind up sitting so far away from your TV that these are necessary, move closer. Plus you have to change the batteries and eerything, and they look like an oversized iPod Shuffle. I certainly couldn't use a controller like that, my hands would cramp up. I need some sort of width to hold.

Tiny microscopic size (GB Micro)- What good is a tiny game system if it's difficult to hold and see? Not any good at all. The only reason I'd get one would be to build it into an SNES controller.

Sorry, I just had to vent about how I believe Nintendo is using gimmicks to make their systems seem more "out of the box" or "revolutionary".

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:16 am

Why do you all hate it so much i think it's an incredible idea at first I thought it was crap but now i'm so exited to try it out I can't stand it.
It might be gimmicky but it's a good gimick not like the touch screen on the ds. Warioware will be the greatest thing i've ever played.
By the way biscostp EVERY controller in this gen has wireless not just the rev.

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:18 am

unless you get the core xbox 360

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:19 am

But whos gonna get that? :)

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:26 am

Poor people :D

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:27 am

Nah the poor people will get a fully functioning rev not half an xbox360.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:32 am

MF, you are a giddy little fool how will put himself into welfare following this failing, senile company. Nintendo is Atari.

Why do you think the Rev Controller is so great? I've given my reasons why it sucks. Try a list format, works for me...
-Luke

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:32 am

Well I was talking about the wireless controllers in the Revolution's case.

Whatever the system may be (VCS, NES...) , wireless controllers are pointless IMO.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:35 am

Yeah true you do have a point but you sounded like you were pinpointing the rev only...

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:55 am

That's because we were discussing the Rev. mostly, not the Xbox Pi or the Playststion 3. :P

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:24 am

2(pi)!!! Two * Pi!

pi = 180!
2(pi) = 360!

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:52 am

I think Sony will say Nintendo's controller sucks, let's make a Dual Touchpad controller with Linux and a 434093243.433492 GHZ Quantum-Optical processor.

Conn

Post by Conn » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:57 am

bicostp wrote:Touch Screen (DS)- Why was this necessary? If you wanted analog control, why nort build a slider pad like on the NES MAX controller (but better)?
That may be the reason. It's precise and it opens up new ideas.
Dual screens (DS)- yet again, I ask "Why?" Why is it necessary to have 2 screens for gameplay?
Again, it opens up new possibilities for games. Most haven't used both screens well yet, but you could also say the GCN controller is wasted cause the L2/R2 buttons are unused (you know, when you push the buttons down and you hear a click)
Wireless controllers (Rev.)- Pointless. If you wind up sitting so far away from your TV that these are necessary, move closer. Plus you have to change the batteries and eerything, and they look like an oversized iPod Shuffle. I certainly couldn't use a controller like that, my hands would cramp up. I need some sort of width to hold.
Wireless is a cool thing, and has always been. I oftene find myself picking up a Wavebird rather than the usual purple controller.
Tiny microscopic size (GB Micro)- What good is a tiny game system if it's difficult to hold and see? Not any good at all. The only reason I'd get one would be to build it into an SNES controller.
Like I said before, the screen is NOT HARD TO READ. I'm sure you've played a GBA ROM. Now believe it or now, but the screen is AS BIG AS THE DEFAULT SIZE.