when are you old enough to make your own descisions?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

*o*
when are you old enough to make your own descisions?

Post by *o* » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:05 am

im 14 and my parents dont want me drinking.....and im about to go to a party and i will come back drunk...its mt descision.....so anyway my question how old should you be to make your own descisions...
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:38 am

With me it depends on what you want to do. Like your plan to go get drunk, I'd have to agree with your parents. Until you show you can control yourself and are resoposible enough to handle the consequences you shouldn't. I've see too many people my age screw up their lives by making stupid desisions.

Until you're sure you know what the hell your going to do and anything that might happen just avoid it. I for example never really drank. My friends would often have a drink like once or twice a month, something like a fifth of hard liquere. I only have maybe a the equivilant of a beer or two like twice a year, and only if I feel like it.

Also you dont want to become an alcoholic. And I'm sure your going to say "I wont", but my brother (older) started drinking at about 14 and he drinks about every day. Its truely a sad sight.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:03 am

true he may get addicted. There is a reason for the age limit on alchohol you know. Im 1337 cos i never get addicted to anything. W00T i rock :P

Jeff

Re: when are you old enough to make your own descisions?

Post by Jeff » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:28 am

*o* wrote:im 14 and my parents dont want me drinking.....and im about to go to a party and i will come back drunk...its mt descision.....so anyway my question how old should you be to make your own descisions...
When your 13 you should be able to...but come on! Your way below the drinking age (usually 18 or 21)
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:46 am

drinking is discusting

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:48 am

you don't want to get drunk, especially at 14
ImageImage

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:11 am

well your 14, your not old Enough to do anything really,when it comes to alcohal and stuff, I just stay away because it ruined my moms family.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:33 am

You shoudl hold off on the drinking until you are certain you are responsible with it. Having the equivelant of one beer every so often is OK, but drinking, say, a few glasses of whiskey or scotch isn't good for you. You kill a lot of brain cells when you get drunk enough to get a hangover, but usually a can of beer won't cause a serious headache.

Only 3.5 more years for me... :mrgreen:

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:43 am

tiem for my medical speech! im not going to say the comlicated words ok :P it does not kill brain cells. Its to do wit hthe filtering of the alcohol that caused the hangover ok?

Reaperman@home

Post by Reaperman@home » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:50 am

when are you old enough to make your own decisions?
everybody makes their own decisions from birth, there are always rules to follow.

when do your parents no longer have a large say in your life?--that's the real question. One with an easy answer; when you're old enough to have your own place with your rules. even 18+ers living at home have rules to live by.

until then you'll just have sneak drinks, like the rest of us did.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:00 pm

sam fisher wrote:tiem for my medical speech! im not going to say the comlicated words ok :P it does not kill brain cells. Its to do wit hthe filtering of the alcohol that caused the hangover ok?
OK. 8)

Nobody in my fmily is a doctor, I just know what I see/hear. :P

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Come on you loss brain cells after you turn 20. The thing about what I said is that I dont drink as I have my brother as the example to avoid. I dont know how many of you might have that but if you dont it means you might not think its a bad thing. And admitting to an addiction isnt something many people live up to.

Anyways back to the desision thing. I'm not a fan of the whole age prohibition thing where once you are that age your old enough to know or handle it. But if you dont demonstrate your reponsablity is knowing when to say no (before the first drink or when offered the sixth). Thats my take on it.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:50 pm

go get drunk.

if you're lucky, you'll get totally sloshed, throw up everywhere, put the moves on anyone that comes near you, feel sick in the morning and lose all your friends. then you will swear off booze forever. lesson learned!
2 "pong" systems, Atari 2600, Odyssey2, Intellivision III, Top Loading NES, GameBoy Pocket, Sega Genesis 3, Sega Nomad, Game.com, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, GameCube, XBox

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:51 pm

sam fisher wrote:tiem for my medical speech! im not going to say the comlicated words ok :P it does not kill brain cells. Its to do wit hthe filtering of the alcohol that caused the hangover ok?
Btw, that is pretty much not true.
2 "pong" systems, Atari 2600, Odyssey2, Intellivision III, Top Loading NES, GameBoy Pocket, Sega Genesis 3, Sega Nomad, Game.com, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, GameCube, XBox

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:54 pm

shmagoogin77 wrote:drinking is discusting
I disagree, but drinking to excess is, I only using have one pint a day within 3 days, call me boring but I am only 13...

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)