What do you want more The PSP or the DS

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

SuperRothus
What do you want more The PSP or the DS

Post by SuperRothus » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:36 am

Me I want the psp when it come out.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:53 am

I probably won't get either.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:13 pm

you know, there are already 2 other threads about this...
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:02 pm

yeah and the DS is the clear winner every time, what did one person say.. dont even compare the ds to the psp... the DS is so far superior

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:12 pm

but how do you use a touch screen standing up? :?

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:16 pm

You fool pick up a game boy right now hold it in one hand stand up and tuch it! how hard is it!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:16 pm

You know know that there is an armored core game for the PSP I thought about it, then heard that the game will be released for the PS2 as well. So I wont get either, all my portables will be handmade (in America).
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:31 pm

yay! oh crap im canadian well il have lower quality canadian ones made by me.. oh ill settle for the DS (much better than the PSP, because of all the functionality)

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:26 pm

I hate nentendo from the begging I have hated them(well actually just there handhelds) since the begening I could never afford a gameboy so my parents bought me one for my b-day but about 5 months later the gba came out and I couldn't get any new games. I've hated how they never backlight there handh\elds. Well that just me. So please don't hate me because of my opinion. Also psp all the way I heard socom 3 coming out w00t :D

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:19 pm

JackFrost22 wrote:I hate nentendo from the begging I have hated them(well actually just there handhelds) since the begening I could never afford a gameboy so my parents bought me one for my b-day but about 5 months later the gba came out and I couldn't get any new games. I've hated how they never backlight there handh\elds. Well that just me. So please don't hate me because of my opinion. Also psp all the way I heard socom 3 coming out w00t :D
Ok, I'm not going to post in this thread anymore, because it's going to become a high-strung flamewar/argument. :?

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:05 pm

In my opinon, anyone who hates someone because of their opinions of consoles shouldn't even post. It's one thing to hate the opinions itself, but to hate someone over something as silly as a favorite video game is really silly.
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:30 pm

I cant even bother to post futher on this topic, wile those freaks who prase the sony over loards dont get is this is not another gameboy and the playstations never had any good games just a lot of boring ones that evened out. wile nintendo has always made some of the best games ive played and i cant think of one inovation sony made( if any one says any thing about CD systems there was so many out before that and CDs realy suck compared to cartrages and flash cards) they have no games any one wants to buy its always about how they hipe the systems.. like the odd game they have only on sony that could and sould be on the other consoles, but they still dont add up to the great nintendo games. and i wont dispute that nintendo did poorly on the game cube and could not make any NEW games for the Snes portable Aka the gba with less buttons. but the DS promises way more than the pspOFcrap ever could

now for the rest of the thread i will compare a peace of toast instead of the sony thingy peace of crap.

now on to toast well its smaller and wider needs no battrys and is bacwards compatable with older forms of butter. it can come right out of
the toaster and does not have a screen or buttons. the bread companys say it will be compatable with any new forms of spreadable materal
and could be modifled to use as in dips soup chili and other forms of chunky things

now the DS on the other hand has many features that i would consider better than toast. for one the inovative dual screen feature, a such screen interface, flash cart input, wifi internet/shortrange wirless for multiplayer, Compatable with gameboy gameboycolor and GBA games.
its thin compact and does not have the load time that toast has and can come in many color varyations.

I would pick the DS over toast if some one was to give me the choice.
but as the DS is going to be out in the fall... ill settle for toast for now.
but when that DS comes out im composing that sucker and getting my hands on the real thing!

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:07 pm

cennar wrote:now for the rest of the thread i will compare a peace of toast instead of the sony thingy peace of crap.

now on to toast well its smaller and wider needs no battrys and is bacwards compatable with older forms of butter. it can come right out of
the toaster and does not have a screen or buttons. the bread companys say it will be compatable with any new forms of spreadable materal
and could be modifled to use as in dips soup chili and other forms of chunky things

now the DS on the other hand has many features that i would consider better than toast. for one the inovative dual screen feature, a such screen interface, flash cart input, wifi internet/shortrange wirless for multiplayer, Compatable with gameboy gameboycolor and GBA games.
its thin compact and does not have the load time that toast has and can come in many color varyations.

I would pick the DS over toast if some one was to give me the choice.
but as the DS is going to be out in the fall... ill settle for toast for now.
but when that DS comes out im composing that sucker and getting my hands on the real thing!
That was one of the funniest posts I've read in a while...
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

Super Rothus

Post by Super Rothus » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:51 am

cennar wrote:You fool pick up a game boy right now hold it in one hand stand up and tuch it! how hard is it!
I want to see you try and press the screen while fighting ro something like that. The touch screen thing is a good fetrue but they are just going to have a bunch of games like mario and I dont think a touch screen would be very usfull in a game like that.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:05 pm

yeah, but there will be a balance between touchscreen and buttons. I even set up an equation that sums things up well in the last thread:

buttons only (like PSP and GB) = ok gaming
touchscreen only (like some Palm pilots and tablet PCs) = bad gaming
buttons + touchscreen used with good balance (like DS) = excellent gaming
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel