What do you want more The PSP or the DS

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:07 pm

Yeah but touchscreens get dirty that why I destroyed my PalmPilot :twisted:

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:47 pm

use a pen or, if that's not available, your fingernail instead of the finger
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:58 pm

Super Rothus wrote:
cennar wrote:You fool pick up a game boy right now hold it in one hand stand up and tuch it! how hard is it!
I want to see you try and press the screen while fighting ro something like that. The touch screen thing is a good fetrue but they are just going to have a bunch of games like mario and I dont think a touch screen would be very usfull in a game like that.

ok dude im going to let you on a little secret ok, not every game is going to need to use the tuch screen..
this is a big thing about the DS its freatures are there for the developers to decide how there used, so if you cant see how some one can play mario with a tuch screen.. they will ither find some way or not use the tuch screen for game play. cus they still got a dpad and 6 buttons

shelter pitfall

Post by shelter pitfall » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:12 pm

Wasn't the original name for the DS (dual Screens) the Developer's System?
And how many of these DS vs. PSP threads does the world need?
I just hope nintendo doesn't die...

SeinorMexicano

Post by SeinorMexicano » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:32 pm

shelter pitfall wrote:Wasn't the original name for the DS (dual Screens) the Developer's System?
Actually, DS meant and still means Developers System. It's just that fans and critics interpreted it as Dual Screen.

I'm going to get a DS when it comes out. Of course I'd like to know the battery life of each, but chances are the DS will have better battery life.

cennar

Post by cennar » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:20 am

right on brother!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:08 pm

SeinorMexicano wrote:
shelter pitfall wrote:Wasn't the original name for the DS (dual Screens) the Developer's System?
Actually, DS meant and still means Developers System. It's just that fans and critics interpreted it as Dual Screen.

I'm going to get a DS when it comes out. Of course I'd like to know the battery life of each, but chances are the DS will have better battery life.
No. As a game developer and a journalist for a Nintendo DS-oriented website, I can say that DS definitely stands for "Dual Screens". The "Developers' System" thing is just PR crap. The letters DS have always meant "Dual Screens", from the moment Ninty told us they had decided on a name to replace the codename "Nitro".

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:22 am

nope as a nintendo fan whos kind of knows this thing.. the name was leaked DS.. for developer system. nintendo says no ware its called the dual screen.
also if you watched E3 you would have seen buddy talk all about it

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:35 am

Quit arguing like little girls
The code name of the new portable Nintendo DS refers not only to its dual screens, but also to the fact that it’s a true developers’ system.
and i got that from here http://www.nintendo.com/ds/quotes.jsp
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:46 am

cennar wrote:nope as a nintendo fan whos kind of knows this thing.. the name was leaked DS.. for developer system. nintendo says no ware its called the dual screen.
also if you watched E3 you would have seen buddy talk all about it
Nope, as a developer and a journalist who gets a story that is a lot more complete than what you get... Believe the PR crap if you want. Who do you think gets the real story; the gamers or the developers? It sounds nice to tell everyone that it means "developers system" as if it was made specially for us, but everyone in the industry knows it really means "dual screens". Journalists are just told to not go around saying that. It's mainly about Nintendo not wanting people going around saying "what kind of a lame name for a system is 'dual screens'?". The fact is that DS stands for "dual screens", no matter what some journalists may say.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:49 am

And before anyone asks, no, I will not tell you any of the DS' secrets. Nintendo has a mini-guillotine over at their main office if you know what I mean ;) Nintendo probably wouldn't even be happy with me confirming the true meaning of DS on here.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:52 am

Who cares if DS stands for developer system or duel screens, why not just quite arguing and just call it the DS?

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:15 am

actualy its bouth now nintendo has started to run adds calling it the DS and not some thing else... so yeah it looks like nintendo is going to keep it dual screens, the way the fans think it is.. and yeah i dont think that rumors for the unit where not leaked on purpose. but still it stated as the DS (developer system) and cus it has two screens and a lot of people like the name , the dual screen.

ans if you want the add email me.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:20 pm

Won't the PSP's screen get all scratched up? That's the best thing about the folding Gameboy, the most important part is protected. Having said that, I see no point to 2 screens. Sure, I'd love to have 2 computer monitors but that's different. I think this is just a gimmick.

I think people may wait for the PSP, just like they'll skip the XBox 2/Gamecube 2 and wait for the PS3. This "early to market" stuff didn't work for the Dreamcast.

I also think it's cool that the PS3 isn't coming out right on the tick of the usual set-in-stone 5 year cycle everyone seems stuck on these days. What was the NES, 7-8 years?