Do you guys have a lot of junk lying around?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

stuntpenguin007
Do you guys have a lot of junk lying around?

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 pm

I have tons and tons of junk electronics lying around. Most of it was brought home from thrift stores or garage sales with the intent of modding it somehow. I've always kept the stuff around just in case I have a project that I could use something for. I've been modding things a lot less now that I'm busy with sports, friends, etc. so I decided to throw out a bunch of stuff. I threw out a trash bag worth of stuff yesterday, and another today. At this rate I should be done in about five more days :P.

So do you guys have a lot of junk electronics lying around? I'm thinking about starting up a TGIMBOEJ box with some of the stuff I don't want anymore, but can't bring myself to throw away. Here's what I have in my potential TGIMBOEJ box so far:

~Everything untested~
Parallel cable with one end cut off (good for making a JTAG cable)
heatsink with fan
Nintendo / Xbox / Playstation RF switch
3rd party dreamcast controller missing screws and buttons
Overclocked modified GBA with no screws, missing buttons, and some odd battery mod
4 button IR remote for TV game
Hyperscan motherboard with no CD drive
more heatsinks
original xbox IR remote (no reciever)
retro duo - planned to use this in a portable, but never got around to it. The cartridge for the snes has been extended away from the motherboard. There is a broken trace somewhere on the board. removed and put back the NES slot for some reason.
An old macbook with no hard drive, battery, or disc drive. Think I might have removed some bluetooth module too. Missing all screws. has 512MB of RAM (2X 256 MB) and a working screen. Don't know the model, but the back says copyright 2006
Various one sided cables (the other half has been cut off) ~ AV, SNES controller

More things will be added to the box as I clean up more. I'll probably throw in a few PS1 motherboards, dreamcast motherboard, and one or two RROD xbox 360 motherboards. Is that box something anyone would be interested in passing around and adding to / taking from?

I also have a lot of game console shells. Is that something I should just throw away, or would anyone be interested in them? I have a couple PS1 fat shells, two N64 shells (one is painted white), two gamecube shells, three or four original xbox shells, and two xbox 360 shells (one has two windows cut to see inside, and the other is poorly spray painted green and black).
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

griehm
PSN Username:hotchik3nflings
Steam ID:invisiblejack22

Re: Do you guys have a lot of junk lying around?

Post by griehm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 am

I've got an area the size of a queen sized bed brimming with... everything geeky. Plus I've got my worthwhile stuff sitting in a closet that reaches from one end of the house to the other. I'd be more than happy to add to/take from that box and pass it on.
Setting up a website- I need input!
If you've got time- PM me for link.

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Cool. If I get this box going around, you'll be first on the list. I'm beginning to think this box might be too big to ship though now that I've started adding more stuff. Maybe I'll break it up into a few boxes.
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:05 am

only problem is the last several boxes we sent around eventually disappeared. Maybe have members who have been here a year or more be in on it.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

griehm
PSN Username:hotchik3nflings
Steam ID:invisiblejack22

Post by griehm » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:51 pm

YES! Been here fora year!
Setting up a website- I need input!
If you've got time- PM me for link.