Everything in moderation . . . even gaming ?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

booksman1
Everything in moderation . . . even gaming ?

Post by booksman1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Due to recent financial strife I was forced to sell my XBOX 360 . I would like to see this as a good thing because I have a lot of books that I would like to get through . Now that I have this hole in my down time I need the motivation to get reading . Has anyone on the forums been forced to sell something they love out necessity , if so how did you spend your down time ?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Re: Everything in moderation . . . even gaming ?

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I had to give up my additction to World of Warcraft. I did so mostly because I needed to spend that time looking for a job, and at $15 a month it was burning a whole in my pocket more then anything. I used that time to get a job, plan my wedding, and learning how to knit/crochet. It's morphed into my working on my schools studies now, but I've also gotten back to playing D2:LoD.

Reading is a good option if you have the books you really enjoy. I found myself reading through the whole Ringworld series last year. This year I've read World out of Time, and looking to read the book 1984 next. Though Ben's book is a mighty fine read too. lol

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.