Which is worse...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Which is worse: Wrecking a Pocket TV or Accidently Drinking a Beer Someone Ashed Into?

Poll ended at Thu May 20, 2004 7:49 pm

Ug, the beer thing. Bleah!
33%
Wrecking a TV, drinking ash doesn't cost $150
67%

Total votes: 12

benheck
Site Admin
Which is worse...

Post by benheck » Thu May 06, 2004 7:49 pm

Sadly, either of these two terrible, horrific things can happen to a person, especially when building portable game units. But, which is the worser of two evils? Only YOU can decide!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu May 06, 2004 8:05 pm

Ash in a beer? Well I cant argue that its one of the worse things to drink, but a waste of money (especally today) is far worse. I would gladly drink a beer with ash in it if it would reverse breaking a $150 screen.

Really is it that big a deal, not like the taste lingers for hours right?

Moose Jr.

Post by Moose Jr. » Thu May 06, 2004 11:04 pm

I got peeved when I lost a fiver once, so ash in a beer would be a stroll in the park by comparison.
If the plural of goose is geese...
My Portable N64 Project - http://home.earthlink.net/~moose_jr

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Fri May 07, 2004 4:57 am

I, too, would gladly drink a beer with ash in it if it would reverse breaking a $150 screen. The poll says "accidentally drink a beer that someone ashed into", though. The "accidentally" part is the kicker - you're not expecting it, you're shocked, it's one of the worst things in the world, and at that instant you may even think, "I'd would gladly pay $150 to reverse drinking this beer someone ashed into."

My vote is that the ashy beer is worse.

MR.MOD

Post by MR.MOD » Fri May 07, 2004 6:11 pm

I'm not old enough to drink so wreaking screen would be worse.
Or maby the beer would be worse, I hate the taste of beer.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Fri May 07, 2004 6:33 pm

I know this is a weird poll question, but I have fun making them. It's an easy way to update the site, which hopefully will have some cool news very soon.

Yes, the ACCIDENTAL thing is the kicker. It's not like Fear Factor, "DRINK ASHED-IN BEER (wearing a bikini) OR BE ELIMINATED". It's "Ah, time for a refreshing chug of beer/pop", then UGH! BLEH!" I feel sick even thinking about it....

Maybe I'm biased since I've wrecked more TV's than I've had ashed-in-beer-drinking experiences, but I still vote the ash-beer thing.

I love having my own ad-free site where I can post whatever BS I want...

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Fri May 07, 2004 7:39 pm

I know a lot of you guys are younger so the beer may not be relevent and $150 is a lot more important to you than it may be to someone older.

I was a devout Copenhagen user for about 15 years so here is a twist: How about accidentally drinking from your spit bottle instead of your beer? Dude, it sucks - before you can even taste it you know right away you've done something wrong - you can tell by how warm it is as it passes your lips. I've seen the face that you make before: wanna talk about surprise!

Or even worse, you don't dip, but one of your buddies does - you reach for your beer and take a big gulp and suddenly realize something has gone terribly wrong?!?!?!?

Now which is worse?!?

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Fri May 07, 2004 8:49 pm

Both beer and cigarettes?!?! I'm in 8)

J/K
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:55 pm

MR.MOD wrote:I'm not old enough to drink so wreaking screen would be worse.
Or maby the beer would be worse, I hate the taste of beer.
You dont have to like beer, it already likes you. I have hated alcohol my entire life. Absolutely detested it. but recently when I am with friends hanging out, Ive been indulging myself... Too much. And usually after coming under the influence of *other* things. It tastes like *insert something gross* but i keep drinking it. And I still hate it. Anyway stay away from it if you dont wanna get online and talk to a girl about how much you miss her but you dont really know her. unfortunately she know a lot of your friends, and tells them all about you doing it... mega-embarrassing.

Back on topic...
Accident or not, I am gonna say wrecking the TV is worse, because I am poor. And I already wrecked my PSOne lcd, which I payed $75 for, it almost made me cry.

p.s.
I am not old enough to drink either
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler