10 years ago Today........... (9/11/01)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:39 am

10 years ago Today, the US suffered the most horrible attacks in modern times.

The attacks led to the total destruction of the Twin Towers in New York City. And extensive damage to the Pentagon in Washington DC.

And lets not forget Flight 93. Whose passenger heroic actions saved even more lives, at the cost of theirs.

What do you remember from that day? (I'll post mine later since I don't have the time to post it right now.)

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Re: 10 years ago Today........... (9/11/01)

Post by Black Six » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 am

I can't believe it's been ten years.

Our administration and some of the teachers tried to hide what was going on from us. Someone told me that a plane had hit one of the twin towers and I thought they meant like a little Cessna or something. As the day went on though parents started calling their kids to tell them or took them out of school. Eventually one of my teachers had a TV set up showing what was going on.

The weeks afterwards were the worst. I lived about fifty miles from Manhattan - pretty much everyone knew someone who was directly affected. My dad had actually been to the towers the week before to catch up with a friend before a business meeting, since she worked there. By some stroke of luck on 9/11 she had to stay home from work and thankfully wasn't there.

It's still almost unimaginable to think about.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:39 am

The one thing I remember is how quiet the skies were afterwards. It was so eerie. I live near Chicago, so I didn't personally know anyone who was affected.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Re: 10 years ago Today........... (9/11/01)

Post by nightwheel » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:03 pm

I was in elementary school when it all happened. I was in either 4th or 5th grade.

In a very rare occurrence, one of my teachers turned on the TV in classroom to the news. it was just after the first tower was hit. I was sitting there watching it, when the second tower was hit also. I didn't get the full grasp of what was going on till I got home.

Anyways....
One of the things I think of in regards to 9/11 related stories. Is surprisingly, the build log of Ben's PSp.

Give it a read here to see what I mean. It's quite morally inspirational in a way: http://benheck.com/portable-playstation-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is there anything you would want to add to that Ben. Which you didn't say in the build log?

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P