Begginers

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Hotpotmar
360 GamerTag:Hotspotmar
Steam ID:Hotspotmar
Begginers

Post by Hotpotmar » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi I'm new to modding and i would like to make the GameCube portable, but i'm not im to new to do something as big as that are there any projects that i can do to start out.

Reaper P7
PSN Username:Haha... Yea Right
360 GamerTag:Subscription? Nah.
Steam ID:Refer to email to add me.

Re: Begginers

Post by Reaper P7 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:07 am

If you dont want to do a hardcore mod, you can always grab a toolbox, snuggle in the gamecube, put a flat top that sits where.the tray would, and slap a portable dvd player on it. I soldered the power connectors together and made my first portable that way when I was 13 or so.
Nintendo uses proprietary screws in the gamecube, I used a power drill to just drill out the scews entirely. You need a soldering iron and some solder, these are 10 at radio shack.
You will also need some electrical tape and possibly a multimeter.
Watch some instructional videos and remember to always be patient and take your time, especially with electricity. It doesnt take much to stop your heart.
Lastly, you need a plan and a clean enviroment to work in.
Im sure ive forgotten something, and im sure the rest of the family will be morr than willing to chip in.

PS: It is easier to work with someone that has experience with electronics for beginners. I had a grandfather that has been hacking and modding for years that taught me over 10 years and a college major to back it up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

cennar

Re: Begginers

Post by cennar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 am

Reaper P7 wrote:modding for years that taught me over 10 years and a college major to back it up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

short of what that guy is going on about, get a few basic electronic lessons. look up batterys and have at her. Really, just doing is the only start any of us had, results got better with practice, and game cubes are cheap/Seriously get some of this Elmore... Awesome.