Not sure what section to put it (buying portable n64 thread)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

okazmat
Not sure what section to put it (buying portable n64 thread)

Post by okazmat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:51 pm

I know it wouldn't go in the trading post because I'm not 100% on buying anything yet (and I'm not sure if buying them is even allowed to people who just joined)

and since this is where you put things that you
Don't know where your question or topic would fit?
I'm just putting it here and hoping this isn't the type of forum who flames newcomers who aren't familiar with the sections yet :x (has had experiences)

----------

a friend who works at a game shop recommended me here for buying portables when I asked him where I could buy a portable n64

I have a few questions

-What's the commission price range for the portable itself (excluding shipping)

I know it depends on the seller, condition, ect

-Forums that allow commission work sometimes have rules that make you buy and send the supplies
(had this experience when buying a custom toy for my nephew)

would that be 100% necessary here

(I know it varies from seller to seller as well so don't eat me here)

----------

When I do decide to buy one (assuming I can)

I don't expect anything fancy, I just want something I can take with me anywhere that can fit on my lap
it doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to run a good variety of games and be usable

;-; sorry if everything is so vague, like I said it's my first time on this site :facepalm:

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re: Not sure what section to put it (buying portable n64 thread)

Post by bassmasta » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:56 pm

okazmat wrote:-What's the commission price range for the portable itself (excluding shipping)
$200-$1000. You pretty much said it yourself though:
okazmat wrote: I know it depends on the seller, condition, ect
okazmat wrote:-Forums that allow commission work sometimes have rules that make you buy and send the supplies (had this experience when buying a custom toy for my nephew)

would that be 100% necessary here
Again you said it yourself.
okazmat wrote:(I know it varies from seller to seller as well so don't eat me here)
There are no hard and fast rules set by the forum, but I think most commissionees (sp?) prefer to buy the parts themselves.

The best way to get a portable is to say what you want, what you need in your portable and ask people how much they will do it for. You could also just buy one prebuilt too, they go up occasionally here and on other forums.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Re: Not sure what section to put it (buying portable n64 thread)

Post by Haunted360 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:24 am

I can sell my Pn64 for $400.

Once I receive payment, I will start it for you. Once it is finished (8 weeks) then I will send it off.