Help!!! Big project im almost done!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

vinnygod
360 GamerTag:vinnygod xi
Help!!! Big project im almost done!

Post by vinnygod » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Im working on my "xbox portable" yeah yeah say what you want... but ive ran into a problem, the dvd player i used has a a/v output which i thought to be a/v input and im almost done with the whole project.. adn i was wondering if i could get some help, this is a picture of the cable that connects to the tft screen... it has two sets of red and black for speakers positive and negation... but how would i connect the video park of it to the connecter.. can anyone help.. the dvd player is a 8.5" SpectroniQ PDV-808 Widescreen Portable DVD Player

xboxlegend

Re: Help!!! Big project im almost done!

Post by xboxlegend » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 pm

There's no picture dude. Anyway, you would have to find the input in the cable or traces that go to the screen from the dvd portion. if you find those you just figure out which ones R G and B and connect accordingly

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: Help!!! Big project im almost done!

Post by bicostp » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Video output and video input are not interchangeable.

There's a good chance that LCD uses a digital signal from the DVD player's logic board to produce a picture, which is completely useless for hooking a game console up to.

Hate to say it but unless you can find a point to inject a video signal on the DVD player's logic board (which is doubtful because extraneous analog/digital converters cost money), you can't use that screen.