Wii U

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

weaponepsilon
Re: Wii U

Post by weaponepsilon » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Dammit! just when I completed my console/hand held collection......DAMN YOU NINTENDO!!
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

alexrichoalex

Post by alexrichoalex » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:07 am

the wii u controller mad me angry and yell at my tv and no its not because i hat nintendo just that that playstation controller some guy made a while back is almost the same in looks and i mean sure its not the same its better they also have the money and people to do that im sure if gaming corporations listened to the people there would no be way better things than this

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:54 pm

alexrichoalex wrote:the wii u controller mad me angry and yell at my tv and no its not because i hat nintendo just that that playstation controller some guy made a while back is almost the same in looks and i mean sure its not the same its better they also have the money and people to do that im sure if gaming corporations listened to the people there would no be way better things than this
Wat?
There are some keys in the lower right hand corner of your keyboard, "." "," "?", use them.

A Button

Post by A Button » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am

The Wii does have some great games that use the remote well (Metroid Prime 3 comes to mind). The Wii U will probably be similar - just a few great games, the rest either bad or multiplat. That controller looks like a gigantic pain, though. Street Fighter will be impossible. Then again, I'm not getting one anyway :P

Bush

Post by Bush » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:46 pm

A Button wrote:The Wii does have some great games that use the remote well (Metroid Prime 3 comes to mind). The Wii U will probably be similar - just a few great games, the rest either bad or multiplat. That controller looks like a gigantic pain, though. Street Fighter will be impossible. Then again, I'm not getting one anyway :P
It has a d-pad and face buttons. If the controller is too big for you, you can use the CC pro.

A Button

Post by A Button » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:28 am

It's not that it's too large, but look at that D-Pad, especially compared to a Genesis or Saturn D-Pad. Or a SNES D-Pad. I have no idea why they didn't stick with that one. The button layout looks really weird too since all the buttons are on the top corners. I'm not sure what size the face buttons would be, but they did look too close together. The analog sticks are also in a really weird place...and not diametrically opposed? Nintendo has made some of the greatest controllers out there so it was a real surprise when I saw this. The whole thing just looks uncomfortable.

I probably sound like I'm overanalyzing it and I might be, but stuff like that makes all the difference for shmups and fighting games - although I'm not sure we'll see many of those on the Wii U.

I am hoping the CC pro will be compatible. That one's a bit nicer, and I'm sure at least one of my friends will be getting this.

Bush

Post by Bush » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 am

A Button wrote:It's not that it's too large, but look at that D-Pad, especially compared to a Genesis or Saturn D-Pad. Or a SNES D-Pad. I have no idea why they didn't stick with that one. The button layout looks really weird too since all the buttons are on the top corners. I'm not sure what size the face buttons would be, but they did look too close together. The analog sticks are also in a really weird place...and not diametrically opposed? Nintendo has made some of the greatest controllers out there so it was a real surprise when I saw this. The whole thing just looks uncomfortable.

I probably sound like I'm overanalyzing it and I might be, but stuff like that makes all the difference for shmups and fighting games - although I'm not sure we'll see many of those on the Wii U.

I am hoping the CC pro will be compatible. That one's a bit nicer, and I'm sure at least one of my friends will be getting this.
The d-pad is essentially the same as the SNES one. Ninty recycles their D-pads, as you can see with the SNES, GB line, and GC using similar pads, as well as the Ds lite, Wii, Dsi, 3DS, and now the Wii U with another. I'm not sure I've ever seen a controller with cramped face buttons either.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:52 pm

marshallh wrote:Nintendo lost me with the Wii.
I am not 12, I'm not 14, I'm 21 and not a chick. Sadly this rules me out of their target.

Sorry nintendo, I don't like your games anymore.
This. Cept I'm 25 lol.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato