Sega 32x region mod, need help pls see!!!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nintendokid
Sega 32x region mod, need help pls see!!!!!

Post by nintendokid » Fri May 27, 2011 1:07 am

Hi, maybe you can help me anyone.

I did the region swich mod for the sega 32x system. I got a ntsc 32x system and i like to know if i did the mod right or not.

im worry that it may not be done right for a few reasons.

1. When i put a USA game in and swich it to 50hz, you get a black screen and you do not get the region lock out screen.

2. I notice that when i let the game play out at its own region which is 60 hz and after when i flip the swich to 50hz game frezzse up. If i put it back to the ntsc the game will unfrezzse. The only time i get the region lock screen on a 32x game is when my 50 and 60 hz swich for my genesis is set up where i can get the region lock out screen.

pls tell me did i do the mod right?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: Sega 32x region mod, need help pls see!!!!!

Post by bicostp » Fri May 27, 2011 7:44 pm

nintendokid wrote:1. When i put a USA game in and swich it to 50hz, you get a black screen and you do not get the region lock out screen.
When you did this, were both the Genesis and 32x set to 50hz mode?

I'm not sure if both the 32x and Genesis have to be set to the same mode to work together. If they do and they aren't, they might just fail to boot and freeze at a black screen.

nintendokid

Post by nintendokid » Tue May 31, 2011 4:29 pm

bicostp wrote:
nintendokid wrote:1. When i put a USA game in and swich it to 50hz, you get a black screen and you do not get the region lock out screen.
When you did this, were both the Genesis and 32x set to 50hz mode?

I'm not sure if both the 32x and Genesis have to be set to the same mode to work together. If they do and they aren't, they might just fail to boot and freeze at a black screen.

ok my genesis 2 has a 50 and 60 hz swich on it, i put a usa game in and my sega genesis is set at 60 hz and my 32x region swich is set at pal. the 32x game will not work if my 32x system is set at pal. you get a black screen you dont get the region lock screen unless i set my swich on my genesis to be at 50 hz like my 32x system is set at. and then thats when i get the region lock screen. the 32x swich alone dose not bring up the region lock screen on my tv.

thats my problem, the single 32x region swich will not give me the region lock screen unless i set my swich on my genesis to be at pal.

thats is my problem im not sure by the way it works if or not if this mod is done right thats all.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue May 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Sounds like the Genesis/32x stack just plain doesn't work when the two parts aren't set to the same region.

You probably did the mod right. Set both the 32x and Genesis to 50hz mode and insert an NTSC game, you should get an error screen. Turn them off, switch to 60hz, and turn them back on. The game should boot up.

nintendokid

Post by nintendokid » Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 pm

bicostp wrote:Sounds like the Genesis/32x stack just plain doesn't work when the two parts aren't set to the same region.

You probably did the mod right. Set both the 32x and Genesis to 50hz mode and insert an NTSC game, you should get an error screen. Turn them off, switch to 60hz, and turn them back on. The game should boot up.

Ok what you just said im terms of testing it out i did that and said that somewhere in one of my post. the region lock is from the 50 and 60 hz swich so even if i flick the swich to pal on my 32x or not. sega genesis system will give me the region lock screen on the 32x game.

But heres another thing i found, when i swich both systems to pal and flick back the swich on my sega gento 60 hz,leve the 32x on pal mode and hit the reset buttom.

the region lock screen will still be there unless i flick that swich to ntsc mode when i flick it to ntsc mode. it will let the game play. so i think your right about it being working right. becuase i nontce too if i play the 32x game and while its playing flick it to 50 hz, like i siad before the game freeze up,heres the twist when i at the same time flick the swich on the 32x from ntsc to pal the will unfreezs. the game ends up playing at 50hz evendo its made only for 60 hz.

So mabe your right maybe i had done the mode right i just need a pal 32x game which i dont have or anything. i wish i did had a pal 32x to find out.

i know all this is a lot to explane and the long texting.but i wonna thank you for being one of the few people that is willing to help and post comment that are for real and not trolling.
there are lots of people that are not like this im glad that you were at lest the only person who was like a supporter to me.

:D i think im done with this subject i done my resurch, i think i might make a new add and ask people do you have any pal games for my 32x. i like to have one to test this mod on. like a donation or something.