companys and their copyrights...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

hackmodford
Portablizer Extraordinaire
companys and their copyrights...

Post by hackmodford » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:58 am

I was just thinking how mean some big game companies can be with their franchises...

Forst instance some people make a new game by hacking Chrono Trigger... just before they release it they get a Cease and Desist (CaD) letter...

Or someone makes a 3d version of Chrono Trigger... just before they release a beta they get a CaD letter...

But then I thought about another company that owns the blue blur...

Someone makes a streets of rage ramake and releases it... then they get a CaD letter...

I think this is a smart move. I'm sure Sega knows that the game will be out there but they still need to protect their rights legally...

Everyone wins!

What do you guys think?

same thing with that zelda fan movie. They release it and then Nintendo tells them to take it down, but blatantly let them play the movie on vimeo...

I think that is some great fan service. 8)

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Re: companys and their copyrights...

Post by nightwheel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 am

Nintendo's stance against fangames isn't as strict as you'd think it would be.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

hackmodford

Post by hackmodford » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:53 am

Right...

Nintendo/Sega seem to be okay with it... and if a project gets too much steam, they just send a cease and desist after it's been released...

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am

Chrono Trigger Ressurection.

Nuff said.

PS: I know like all the dev team personally for CT:R.

Got any questions, I could ask.

hackmodford

Post by hackmodford » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 am

They should make a game using the engine they made and then have a separate download that would be like a mod to get the CTR game :P

cennar

Post by cennar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:01 pm

in the 90s there was a linux game Zelda on line. after they got in trubble they changed the name to graal online. the change up was a good idea, because the engine was a one off no nintendo code was carried over and all these people waited for the game to get back out in like 2001 or some thing.

So no Zelda stuff was used they got away with it. Nentendo does it. Rare made a game they had the rights too and then left the game before going over the fence to Microsoft. Nintendo slaped starfox on it and put it out on the game cube. Mario 2 and dokidoki panic... Need for speed underground was a game pissed off EA developers made when they quit for two years. EA bought the Game gave them more money and slapped in Burger kind bill boards to make up for lost revenue. I know most of these guys survived the game blow out in 2008. My friends brother one of there origenal testers would talk at length about this stuff. all you go to do is think about what you would do or say any way even if it's ilegal and wrong. how can you better it and eat the cake too, you do that every ones happy. Some rules get bent and bought, it's a fine world we create in.