Postal Service Annoyances!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Postal Service Annoyances!

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Hey guys,

Any of you have any issues with a certain postal service?

I hate canada post. Ever since I had a lawsuit with them (a disgruntled worker t-boned my moms 80's Mustang, ith his steel truck), they seem to either have a grudge; or I seem to be having bad luck.

This morning, I recieved a package that I shipped out to someone. The person didnt ship it back. Canada post must have been stupid, and mailed my own thing back to me. Good work.

Also UPS loves to leave things unattended.

Muniosi

Re: Postal Service Annoyances!

Post by Muniosi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Amen to that last part. They left a strategy guide my parents had ordered out in the rain once.

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:43 pm

yep.
i sent a laptop back to a factory to be repaired and i got a call a day later saying they have it across the other side of the country, with no lables.
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:03 pm

post just got my usb controller to Ontario, not much help they took so long I've moved to the other side of the country. now I'm waiting for it here from Ontario.

On a side note about staying out here, we didn't get in the college, the one we brought the most work for. So I'm not moving to Toronto again. I for one Love this place so it's worth me moving any way and staying in touch.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm not too far from ya dude. I'm near Oshawa. (I got to College at Durham College)

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Heh. In all my years of ebaying and BH trades, I rarely had an issue with the US post office. Now I work for them, delivering.....
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 pm

My main complaint is that how they don't provide boxes of intermeadiate sizes. Want to send a PCB small-packet? Too bad, our small packet box is the minimum dimensions for the category, you will have to pay to send it light-parcel? Second thoughts, too bad we didn't disclose this until after the charge was placed on your CC.
BTW: becaue we put a 3cm bit of tape to hold the label on, you are also now charged an additonal $3.50 packing fee.

I now anticipate shippnig being 30-50% of my expenses.

Spyder12587

Post by Spyder12587 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 pm

My mailman here consistently loses packages or delivers them to the wrong place. Not just packages either, on a regular basis (more than once a week) I get mail for someone else. He throws packages at our door instead of walking the 5 extra feet to place it there and one time, he left the front of the mailboxes open (I live in an apartment complex, all the boxes were left wide open). I think it's because he's on his bluetooth the entire time he should be focusing on delivering things to the proper location... Idiot.
There is no black or white but rather a million shades of gray...

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:33 pm

I sold a laptop to an individual in puerto rico, shipped it on january 19th. it went there, wasnt deliverable as addressed, went back to florida, then to desmoines, then back to florida, ad infinitum/ its now mid april and neither me or the buyer have the laptop >.<

USPS priority international btw

Spyder12587

Post by Spyder12587 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 am

I forgot to mention that to add to the issue, UPS and FedEx both now tender my packages to USPS to be delivered to my apartment, so EVERYTHING goes through them now...
There is no black or white but rather a million shades of gray...

kibble

Post by kibble » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am

Sometimes, no matter how annoying postal services can be, the way a seller packages something just gets on my nerves. Who sends a bare, 10" LCD through the postal service packaged in nothing but a bubble mailer? One of my friends thought it would be cool to buy me an LCD that someone was selling so I could do something with it. When he received it, he didn't look at it and a couple weeks or so went by and finally he was able to get it to me. Well apparently the envelope got dropped somewhere in the shipping process and one of the corners of the LCD was shattered. There was practically no protection on the LCD at all.
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:17 pm

kibble wrote:Sometimes, no matter how annoying postal services can be, the way a seller packages something just gets on my nerves. Who sends a bare, 10" LCD through the postal service packaged in nothing but a bubble mailer? One of my friends thought it would be cool to buy me an LCD that someone was selling so I could do something with it. When he received it, he didn't look at it and a couple weeks or so went by and finally he was able to get it to me. Well apparently the envelope got dropped somewhere in the shipping process and one of the corners of the LCD was shattered. There was practically no protection on the LCD at all.

I hear you. I was involved in a trade for few things and I got a box with no bubble and there was a cd rom flopping around in no case whatsoever along with some sharp edged good. Freaking 13 year olds....

I vow to you, my fellow modders and gamers, that I will care for each and every package I deliver whether it be Express or Priority to get it to its destination in one piece.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

cennar

Post by cennar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:I'm not too far from ya dude. I'm near Oshawa. (I got to College at Durham College)

Ha ha I'm in nelson BC. I was trying to say my girl friend and I where trying to go to this school in Toronto, but they don't want us this year, scored us well and acted like we where going to cry when they "broke the news" now we don't have to go back... BAH HA HA HA!!! (sweet, I would be back here in BC after school and every summer any way, sweet!!) Still waiting on that dam part!! though wile where waiting this computer is getting stranger. last night I put this thing into my Cars sun visor, such a good idea (search hackaday GPS in a Mini cooper) Playing Gta off of the steering wheel. And I'm still waiting for that part, not a big longer because the guy who was going to deliver the one part i wanted cant do it. I also probly shouldn't push my self right now to make the extra distance (would be iffy if I've got the money to get back here after, and I've got a bit of work now... works stupid, I want to keep flinging over the country at every whim)

Another side note: I'm thinking schools not in my future much. I mean a few corses here and there to be safty checked in things would be alright, and also to meet more artists. Though schools (especially in Ontario) are not for me, seriously I had no idea it was such a mill over there, there was a copulate hamburger franchise set up in the cafeteria, is that pretty much normal? if so think about how that makes me feel from Vancouver island? we try our best to hide that crap or stop it from happening, in Ontario its a FACT of life I guess... that's not good and really a bad sign if you want to not be working for companies like that. Oh well I've got enough on my plate out here. it's a different mess but it's my mess!! after this mess is sorted out AUSTRALIA your next... (oh you best be ready, says the skinny Canadian too the guys biking through the out back made of pure man beef...) oh another bonus about being out here, every ones seen Speed racier (watch that move) which some friends of friends of ours had tons of work because of it (such subtle weird stuff in that one)

Also, Ontario might be better on rent, but you need a car... for most places you need a car, and that's so much more money than it is over here. so unless you live in a city with out a car, and you can find good work... well trust me that's not a good bet, most of the jobs we took sucked, and nothing was full time!! took forever to get any work... I've been here a month and I've had two pay checks. it was so much cheaper for my car, the insurance is HALF! cars have three times the life out west because they sand the roads not salt them. Plus highways put me to sleep, every road in Ontario was flat and boring. now there are snow boarders, moose and bears, mountain goats... all the crap I'm used to dodging with a chap car.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:26 pm

I've worked in shipping and receiving and I've seen some piss-poor packing come and go. $500 external hard drives bouncing around 3' cube boxes, router boards with empty Hi-C juice boxes acting as shims (yes there were straws), bare circuit boards packed in styrofoam peanuts, items placed flat on the bottom of the box with peanuts dumped on top, a motherboard shipped in a pizza box with cheese still stuck to the top, boxes held together by one strip of packing tape...... Put anything that can leak into a bag and seal it, use antistatic bags and boxes within boxes to protect sensitive equipment, and protect things you're shipping with peanuts, sealed air bags, or even crumpled newspaper.

When shipping companies do stuff like this you can't be too careful. :|

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:11 pm

bicostp wrote:items placed flat on the bottom of the box with peanuts dumped on top,...or even crumpled newspaper.
The items placed flat on bottom of box with the foam beads on top is what happened every time I ordered from zipzoomfly.

I also often use newspaper (at least for items that aren't insanely heavy), and it works very well. It can even weigh less than bubble paper or foam beads. Subscribing to a newspaper is also a lot less expensive than buying other packing materials.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"