Hack stuff for parts thread

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Blacksheep32
Hack stuff for parts thread

Post by Blacksheep32 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 pm

So I kept this Symphonic brand VHS player for parts and today I decided to pull it apart for my Odyssey project. OMG this thing is an engineering marvel, most of the parts snap in and there are more than enough miniature pb for a portable. The coolest thing is this board with pushbuttons on it that looks like it was almost designed as a d-pad and control buttons. I'll post pics later. Any other great hackable finds from the trash heap? Post up people!

cennar

Re: Hack stuff for parts thread

Post by cennar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:27 pm

always... most budget builds start out of the trash pile. I think the most I've spent on a build was a hundred fifty bucks. I had to get an Ipod to cut it down to a pair of glasses left over from avitar. I'm a dollar store junkie now a days. However the last few controller boards for the LSD25 project went like this. Buy a new one because there where no good junk shops, Find two Canadian build SNES controllers in a free pile. then the new USB controller fried it's self (I nakeded a wire that crossed a POT and f'd it all up) then a few weeks latter I find the same thing for a buck with better insides to deal with. Then a disposable camera, that came a part to make a lens for future projector, and mount for the Before mentioned LSD25 project. still looking for a CRT screen (I'll find one at the end of this next month) and a Junked Video Camera with view finder (have to trade if I don't get one in vancouver next week, should find a cheap one though).

I think the best thing I found was a 5.1 Kenwood system and a Cannon Projo, Just hanging out in the trash still working.