Which Car Speakers?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3
Re: Which Car Speakers?

Post by vskid » Sun May 15, 2011 1:35 am

I think I'll stick with the premade one. The price isn't even too bad compared to the individual parts.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sun May 15, 2011 3:05 am

I have kenwood 250W speakers all around, 6.5 and 6x9 like yours. They're hooked up to a Sony head unit that does 27Wx4 RMS (like 100W max per channel or some crap)

Anyway the speakers are being driven at about 1/4 their potential capacity. Still pretty decent bass but I REALLY need to put dynamat in my doors and back because it rattles like a niggah mobile.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon May 16, 2011 9:45 pm

lol, my front door panels rattle a bit, I should do what my dad did to the door panel in his truck that was rattling and just put screws into it until it was solid. (If you're going to do something, why not overdo it? :mrgreen: )

I'm pretty sure I'll just get a Bazooka tube and call it good. My headunit has a crossover feature that can cut the frequencies below the hz you set from playing through the other speakers so only the sub has to handle them. I'm just not sure if I want to spend that much right now, I just bought a $650 laptop. It really doesn't matter, I have the money now, its just that waiting will make me feel responsible. :P

I got it. I'm an irresponsible person, and I don't care. 8)