GARAGESALES 2011!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

hellfire
GARAGESALES 2011!

Post by hellfire » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:41 am

Garage Sales 2010 thread

sorry for double post.. but i got a zelda super nintendo system bundle yesterday for $30(not sealed).. has everything that it originally came with.. and its not the second version of the system.. this one is the original style.. one thing that's weird about it is the box isn't custom like other bundle paks.. this one has a big sticker on the front that says it is bundled with zelda. the box is the normal system box. I'd post pics but a friend that owns a game store done bought it from me.

the guy i got it from said it was sealed in his closet for a couple years(he only paid $30 from a friend).. and one day he showed his little brother what he had.. but his little brother wanted to see what was inside it.. so he bugged him to death to open it.. so the idiot did and they played it one time.
he has no clue how much he degraded the value when he tore it open.
http://mylittlegamer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DK

Re: GARAGESALES 2008-20XX!

Post by DK » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:25 am

Lovely 1980's Landola acoustic guitar for £35
Borderlands and Max Payne 2 for £2.49 (was bogof)
Munchies Oddessey £1.99

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm

hellfire wrote:sorry for double post.. but i got a zelda super nintendo system bundle yesterday for $30(not sealed).. has everything that it originally came with.. and its not the second version of the system.. this one is the original style.. one thing that's weird about it is the box isn't custom like other bundle paks.. this one has a big sticker on the front that says it is bundled with zelda. the box is the normal system box. I'd post pics but a friend that owns a game store done bought it from me.

the guy i got it from said it was sealed in his closet for a couple years(he only paid $30 from a friend).. and one day he showed his little brother what he had.. but his little brother wanted to see what was inside it.. so he bugged him to death to open it.. so the idiot did and they played it one time.
I have a Gameboy Advance that came with Crystal, and it just has a sticker on it that said Pokemon Crystal included. I may also have a gameboy or gameboy color I got used like that.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:42 pm

hellfire wrote:sorry for double post.. but i got a zelda super nintendo system bundle yesterday for $30(not sealed).. has everything that it originally came with.. and its not the second version of the system.. this one is the original style.. one thing that's weird about it is the box isn't custom like other bundle paks.. this one has a big sticker on the front that says it is bundled with zelda. the box is the normal system box. I'd post pics but a friend that owns a game store done bought it from me.

some people dont care about how much more valuable a sealed in box anything is worth, as far as i'm concerned i'd rather pay 30$ for a complete mint in box used one time snes than 300$ for a sealed in box one lol.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Ok, so I cheated. This isn't a yard sale or thrift find.

But this finally came in the mail today from Walmart.com! Edit: I payed $40 bucks for it.

It's a Christmas gift to myself. Thanks to one of the Walmart gift cards I got for Christmas.
Last edited by nightwheel on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

hellfire

Post by hellfire » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 pm

how much does it have about "eric stoltz" playing the part of marty? i read somewhere before it was released that it was gonna have all the footage shot with eric.
http://mylittlegamer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:31 am

hellfire wrote:how much does it have about "eric stoltz" playing the part of marty? i read somewhere before it was released that it was gonna have all the footage shot with eric.
Technically, Eric is still in the main movie. Universal reused footage of him running from the Libyans in the Delorean. Most of the non close, outside shots of the Delorean during that chase. Is actually him driving the car. But you can't really see him too well during that chase. Making him more or less a unintentional stunt double.

But anyways, They provided about a Minute or so of footage of Eric actually playing Marty. With the audio almost completely muted. Here's what they shown:

- Clip of him walking around 1955 Hill Valley
- Clip of him in Lou's Dinner, showing disbelief thats he's looking at has dad. (This is after Biff left.)
- Clip of him in 1955's Doc Browns house. Handing Doc the clock tower flyer

I wish they provided more Eric Stoltz footage.

Heck, they even said while showing the footage. That they had made a early rough cut of what they had filmed. Before they dropped Stoltz. It was that rough cut that showed them. That Eric wasn't delivering they kind of laughs they were looking for. And he just didn't feel like the Marty they wrote for the film.

So if universal wanted to, they could of added that to the Blu-Ray release.

hellfire

Post by hellfire » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 am

that's lame.. i read on some yahoo news post a while back that they would have all of eric's footage with the blueray.. if what your saying is all they have on it, then they lied about it.

i've known for years that they had shot around 5 weeks of footage with him.. so there has to be a chunk of stuff not being shown.

at least it has all the deleted/outake scenes right? i think my fav is the one where they actually put real alcohol in the flask in the 50's car scene.. classic.

ok.. ill stop going off topic :P

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Well if we're going to cheat a bit anyway, I found something I completely forgot about stuffed between a couple Garfield books while cleaning today.

It's an Atari EarthWorld challenge poster / contest entry form thing with the form still attached. No idea if it has any value but I haven't found any pictures of this particular one online yet. :?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 pm

I have 2 of the swordquest games. :P

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:55 am

bicostp wrote:Well if we're going to cheat a bit anyway, I found something I completely forgot about stuffed between a couple Garfield books while cleaning today.

It's an Atari EarthWorld challenge poster / contest entry form thing with the form still attached. No idea if it has any value but I haven't found any pictures of this particular one online yet. :?

Did you check Atari Age to see if anyone there also has one?

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:25 pm

I was doing a scrap job today over at a family friends house. (We got TONS of scrap.) And we went down into the workshop to get the scrap/trash pieces of metal left over from projects to haul off. When I saw a Panasonic 5-Disk DVD Surround Sound system on a shelf. Covered in grinder shaving and welding dust/residue. Set up just to play music CD's on. I asked about it, and ended up getting it. And in return, I'm to provide him with another (smaller) CD player to play his CD's on.

I don't have it hooked up yet, but I definitely got it cleaned up though.

(It didn't come with the phono-jack adapter, I added that.)

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:08 pm

$8 : Sega Genesis (mk 2) system with cables and controllers, in original box

$3 : Japanese DS web browser cart and ram expansion, in original box

$1 : SimCity 4

$10 : Nintendo N64 (early system) with power cable

$5 : NIB Belkin 25ft ethernet cable, bought 2

alexrichoalex

Post by alexrichoalex » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 am

hey i just got 4 ps1s 5 controllers and a curved shaped piece they think is for extra players off eBay for 23 aud today pick up prob a 2 hour train trip away or 15 dollars postage im not sure if the deal is that great but i am happy with it ohh and some crappy hero game that is already in one of the systems apparently but not to fussed on the game

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 pm

I grabbed one of these Jakk's Pacific plug-and-play EA Sports things at Savers for $3 today on the off chance that it could be a Genesis-on-a-chip. (Turns out I was thinking of the licensed Radica Genesis things, not the Jakk's Pacific "Genesis but don't call it that because we'll get sued by Sega" things. Ben used a Radica Genesis for a portable once upon a time.) The built-in games are ROM hacks of the Genesis versions of Madden 95 and NHL 95, but every reference to Sega has been removed, along with the NFL on FOX theme song.

It's not hilarious ripoff tat like the GamesPower 50 clone thing I found that other time, but I thought maybe it could possibly do something interesting so I ripped it apart. A dozen screws and some brute force later, I came face to face with three glop tops. I think the one in the middle may be its ROM.

(Click for full size)

The other side of the board doesn't seem to have anything interesting, just some capacitors and silkscreened revision history.

Thoughts?

e: It's funny when you hit Google to find information about something and it just sends you back here. :lol: