Portables of the Tomorrow.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

cennar
Portables of the Tomorrow.

Post by cennar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Alright, what where some of the portables you where hoping to see when you first jammed a 9 volt into a SNES?

I was drooling over Micro ATX (Now every things at least ten sizes smaller)

The current gen of course was out of reach at the time, and to quite a few now a reality.

I think what I really wanted to do was hack up portable PCs. I mean wait for the Pandora? ok what shall I do in the mean time. well I can ebay 50-80 dollar touch screen kits for pretty much every kind of net book. humm. I've still got some of my tools.

I don't know what's next after every things been on batteries? Low end gaming on note book gutted handhelds? I guess so. Meh what's an other 90 bucks on my credit card, I never really use the thing... Can't buy weed with one... But I can get a half decent touchscreen for this toy computer.

What are you guys currently Drooling over, Hardware or tool.

Bush

Re: Portables of the Tomorrow.

Post by Bush » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Uhhhh what

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Even though it's absolutely, completely impossible, a battery-powered PS3 with halfway-decent battery life. :lol:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 pm

It could be done...it'd just require some serious advancements in either battery tech, or zero-point energy tech lol.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:26 pm

well most of the current gens done... You get what I mean.

Oh well as for the future... Parts are in the mail as of tomorrow.

@bush, hows the N64 going?
lol it's ok,

I think this threads for the older modders maybe. Maybe it's not at all... oh well. No plans for the future eh? some posts thinking about unbricking there PS3s. waste. Huge waste trying to brick one of those wile it's still fresh in stores.

I guess I was always about budget.

Any way... I guess this is a work long check up. Not so much whats on the work bench but what's in your head.

as work bench is concerned, Touch screen portable gaming PC hand held. Or as I like to call NAMBLA. is waiting on vary few things. Touch screen shipping, looking to keep with my recycled mod vows, the search for a good case material is at hand. (What ever there is too much of, looking at the Blue bin) A usb joystick I like will be easy to chop apart.

Come on the Methods simple Screen battery controller, device.

Lots of people have chopped up boards in the past. few really necessitated actually doing it in the end. Though with all the good portables around there are defiantly good directions every ware. Though to those master cutters and shrinkers out there, hats off. with the room saved and shaved out in most cases. You must be thinking a cheap one off Projector would be sweet, or take apart the even cheaper spoiled little crap eyeclops which is probly decent compared to one off attempts with budgets in mind.

Whos to say you can't build some handheld PS3 controller/projector? I'm not promising quality or nothing. I wouldn't mind an added screen for some of the random visuals I've made with PCs. In fact I think a notebook modded hand held could use some cheap light show.

Aside from being a Benheck glued forum whore, I'm also a Print maker, VJ, Artist, Animator, crack addicted donkey lover and member of "Your mother". Allot of the stuff I do as a VJ recreating random messes of visuals depends on me lugging around a screen or projector. I've had so many issues with people not telling me that I needed to bring even more of my own gear, and not until I get to my gig. I would love some weird little in between wile my friends who have invested on my help me run around to get the show on the road. (Last 420 when I worked my best night on shoplifted VGA connectors with a broken projo, cardboard box aperture duck tape, VCR and two half decent laptops, would be one of those nights I'd rather not have to do again... come to think of it every day of my life should be one of those nights.)

The point is, we all do this crap for a reason. I love to see people having a good time. I like being the one to blame for that too. Most of the time I make some thing it's just for me however. So in my future, I'm thinking I'd like to be able to host more messed up things.

Any way... I just want to have a decent hand held to keep being a funny ass VJ with, and to play Multitheftauto in coffee shops. (west coast gaming server)

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 pm

That's what I'm waiting for, is affordable tiny projectors. Say you could fit an entire console inside it's controller (NES we'll say, for this example) and just have a tiny roll-up/fold-out "projection screen" to play against.

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:33 am

oh weird. like off the unit. Small practical, with small adjustments you could then go onto a wall or what ever. Just to clear it up, you would want to have the roll out screen come out of the portable. That's aright. Oh and I had one of those roll out screens. most of them, not excluding mine, where really heavy. if you had a portable small with a short distance screen it will be bright. no good outside or in competing light sources. it would be sick though for a novelty styling thing. hella style too...

Normally we just shot on walls. some of the best spots to cover are the corners of rooms, especially if head high projecting is a blinding issue for crowds.

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:18 am

just found this beauty.

--->:P <---

good story too, as it fallows two modders. one invested the UMPc the other harware modded and installed the first guys software. Noted the fastest modded UM, and the smallest. Aka the UX570 or some thing... read!

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:22 am

You could include a Fuel-Cell in the portable :wink:

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:33 am

Haunted360 wrote:You could include a Fuel-Cell in the portable :wink:
yeah, side tracked worse than me in one sentence.

The Hindenstation 3

Oh the Humanity, Oh the lines of resolution!

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:17 pm

jdmlight wrote:Even though it's absolutely, completely impossible, a battery-powered PS3 with halfway-decent battery life. :lol:
Dont know why I failed to coment here... Fanny pack with motor cycle battery, and your P-Nes is a blaze for hours.... Oh and you can power up the PS3portable for a few minutes to load a game and lose your save files.