IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
lucidObscurity
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:10 am

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by lucidObscurity » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 pm

And the spam begins.. Just started to get new types of spam that seem to be targeted at people who are into electronics.. Seems they might have hacked us to harvest all the emails here :?
C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows your whole leg off.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those who do not understand it.

User avatar
SpongeBuell
Senior Member
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:52 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm

I think that's just a coincidence... this happened before you registered and any possible account compromising may have occurred.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

User avatar
limpport
Senior Member
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: (the only person here from) Vermont
Contact:

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by limpport » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 pm

lucidObscurity wrote:And the spam begins.. Just started to get new types of spam that seem to be targeted at people who are into electronics.. Seems they might have hacked us to harvest all the emails here :?
My Gmail was accessed from the Netherlands and tried to mass spam all of my contacts....

User avatar
Aguiluz
Posts: 1141
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:58 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by Aguiluz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Hello guys. It's Aguiluz here. Remember me?

Anyways, yes, I am receiving a large volume of spam recently. I think my email has been harvested. :(
Image

User avatar
lucidPerspective
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by lucidPerspective » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:00 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:I think that's just a coincidence... this happened before you registered and any possible account compromising may have occurred.
While I was away I created that account because apparently my old one didn't exist. But when I returned home, I was still logged into the site. So I'm not too sure what happened there, appears my email isn't in the users database, except while I stay logged in everything will be fine.

Appears I was right about the spam too :?
Image

killersquirel11
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:51 pm
360 GamerTag: killersquirel11
Steam ID: killersquirel11
Location: Amuhrica

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by killersquirel11 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:54 am

well at least this finally gives me the motivation to change my password to something different on all sites... (new passwords will have the same base of random digits but have a few additional characters calculated from the base address of the web page inserted at a certain point in the password...)
Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him

Electric Rain
Senior Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:39 pm
PSN Username: Denki_no_Ame
Location: What's it to you? Stalker...
Contact:

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by Electric Rain » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 pm

lucidPerspective wrote:While I was away I created that account because apparently my old one didn't exist. But when I returned home, I was still logged into the site. So I'm not too sure what happened there, appears my email isn't in the users database, except while I stay logged in everything will be fine.

Appears I was right about the spam too :?

Your avatar is wonderful.
Image

User avatar
lucidPerspective
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by lucidPerspective » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Electric Rain wrote:Your avatar is wonderful.
Haha thanks :mrgreen: ..I like my LucidObscurity one better though :P
Image

Snipeye
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by Snipeye » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey, guys? Looks like something's up again, I tried logging in here and on MBB, (I was already logged in on MR) and it gave me a 'maximum login attempts exceeded' deal. Anybody else get it recently?

User avatar
MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm
Steam ID: MrAfterFx

Re: IMPORTANT - Forums compromised, please change your password

Post by MrAfterFx » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:30 am

Snipeye wrote:Hey, guys? Looks like something's up again, I tried logging in here and on MBB, (I was already logged in on MR) and it gave me a 'maximum login attempts exceeded' deal. Anybody else get it recently?
Same thing happened to me and sometimes does it on phpbb boards in my experiences, so does duplication of posts. Sounds weird but it has happened to me quite a bit recently, I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Image

Post Reply