Hey, what's up?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Hey, what's up?

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Just thought I'd pop back in to say hey, since I was in the neighbourhood.

Anyone out there remember me, or have the noobs taken over?

I'm a third year mechanical engineering student now, and although I've moved beyond messing with circuits, I mess with plenty of mechanical things now. In particular, I fancy glassblowing.
Hey, sup?

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Re: Hey, what's up?

Post by gamemasterAS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Have you ever noticed we joined on the same day? :shock:

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:22 pm

I remember you - you going to come around more often, or just pop in on occasion?

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi Kurt_!
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Lots of old members coming back! :D (Cennar and CTFan have been poking around too.)

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 pm

yeah moving up :P going to my second college... READ BOOKS!

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:48 am

Sup, Kurt_? I hope things are going well for you.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:46 am

Ive been here for ages. Someone dust me off. I'm like an atari jaguar. Good for nothin'.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:08 am

Hi all! I don't know if I'm going to be sticking around or not. I certainly don't plan on making another portable. In fact, I only came back because I'm trying to make a website, and after thinking about it, I realized a layout similar to Ben's is what I'm going after.

It's at http://www.mideas.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, if anyone is interested. I moved from 000webhost to freehostia, but I guess the nameservers haven't switched over or something? They have according to godaddy, but something's obviously stuck to 000webhost right now.

I probably owe every single one of you my thanks though, my portable was a huge group effort. Even if I wanted to make another one, I really don't have the money. $8500 per year for tuition, $200 or so for books (Go downloading books off the internet!), and about $100/month in projects, which I don't mean to do, but just kind of happens. Also, over the course of my university education, I've worked a total of five and a half months. But I digress...

I recently set up an aquarium, is anyone else in to that? It's a 20g community tank, sand bottom, live plants, 2 golden apple snails, 1 apple snail, 5 zebra loaches, 4 zebra danios (2 longfin), 3 leopard danios, and 2 African dwarf frogs. It's pretty sick. One of my danios (Who was aptly named "Spaz") somehow lost an eye recently. It was just gone one day...

As far as things, they go pretty well. Mech Eng is pretty brutally hard as far as workload and material, but I think we're getting out of hardcore theory and starting with applications of things like Laplace transforms, partial differential equations, and whatnot. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. After I'm done I hope to earn me some money and then start my own company that will make all the things I think of. I keep a journal of them, so I've got enough to start a solid business right away already. Half of the ideas revolve around pot.

Oh, and Cennar isn't the only resident stoner anymore, to say the least. :lol:

Cennar, if you still smoke up, I'm working on a vapourizer that will cost about $25 to make. Screw $600 for a volcano, amirite?

I'll probably hang around for a bit in Forum 42, to catch up with all you internet people. What's my avatar nowadays... hmmm... to my profile!
Hey, sup?

cennar

Post by cennar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 pm

let me guess, Because I've found these floating around. Cork, a soldering iron, light socket, steal plate, and Jar. I did one up in victoria by accident. watch out... if you do it like I did, and don't have the jar or know your making one you can have every thing living in a 4 bedroom house baked with in two hours...

All I did was leave a tin on top of a hot iron and type.

So check out powered incense burners. Most competitors to the Vulcan are just that, but for weed!!

What school did you end up in? I didn't bother reading that part, so I'm going to ask (I'm going to Sheridan next fall, I'm trying for 4 years or less)

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 am

Sick man, my girlfriend lives right around there. I'm at McMaster down in Hamilton.

As far as the vapourizer, it's going to be legit, made from scratch, not from parts. I'm going to cast an aluminum ring that three brass rods fit in to that will be bent all nice like, these create a tripod. On the ring sits a blown glass sphere, blown specifically for this purpose. It will have a 1" hole in the top to fit a hookah base grommet, and a smaller hole around the side to let air in. In the top hole fits a nice wooden adapter that fits a hookah hose grommet in the top. This, obviously, goes to a hookah hose.

Underneath all this is an alcohol burner used for jewellery. After the first use calibrating the flame size to be exactly at the right temperature, all future uses are just lighting the wick and sucking. It can also be expandable, adapting many hoses or going to a water pipe or something. It's going to be the sickest vapourizer under $50 ever man.

But I gotta wait until the weather is warmer to blow glass again.
Hey, sup?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Kurt! <3

cennar

Post by cennar » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:12 pm

crap yeah! that's going to be worth a post... Hey if you can't post that on benheck I still want to know about it... see my picture there for link to the crappiest forum ever made (Mine, yeah I'll take on all challengers for that crusty prize, honestly know one would ever read my threads)

whoa that's Plug number two for my forum... hey we are going to OalkVille tomorrow, if we had the time we would totally stop in Hamilton to shake hands. Seriously my girl friend and I know no one out here.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Sup Josh! Long time no see.

Cennar:
I thought you lived in London now for some reason... perhaps your location field. Maybe not tomorrow, seeing as the semester's starting to rev up (And won't rev down until summer), but perhaps over the weekend? On the weekends I have access to a car (read: my parent's car), so I could meet y'all up in Oakville. No vape for a while, though, because the glass needs to wait until summer to be blown (thermal shock and whatnot).

But we'd love to smoke up with y'all, although I'm not one for first impressions. In fact, I'm pretty much socially inept. (read: I am socially inept)

If you wanted to drive down to McMaster tomorrow (I get off class at 2:30), feel free, but let me know beforehand or I will have gone home (And be stranded there). That is, if you get this before then. I'm PMing you my cell, shoot me a text (since I'll be in class).
Hey, sup?

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:06 am

Hey Kurt! Long time no see man.

I'm glad to see life is treating you well.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P