Steam Christmas Sale

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: Steam Christmas Sale

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:25 pm

nightwheel wrote:
bicostp wrote:You people complaining about your 400k/sec download rates should stop whining... I have to deal with our 1.7 MB DSL (at 40 bucks a month no less!) downloading everything at a maximum rate of 180k/sec. :x Do you know how long it takes for 10 gigs of Dirt 2 to download at that rate?! (Damn long. That's how long. And it had to download up hill both ways in the snow and we LIKED IT that way!)
I know the feeling man. We only have 1.5mb High Speed Cable Internet out here. And like you, were playing like $30 to $40 a moths for it.

I've had worse in the past though. Try downloading Half Life 2: Lost Coast over 64k cable internet.
After reading that...I am reminded of the days of dial up internets...A time when you were lucky if you got 5 Kbps for anything :lol:

I remember it being hot shiznos to be able to download an MP3 file within an hour :roll:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:34 pm

The Half-Life 1 Anthology (HL1, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, and TFC) is $2.50 today and worth 10x that much in gameplay.

I just picked up HL1 by itself (to replace my pre-Steam retail CD copy) and Monday Night Combat.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:01 am

bicostp wrote:The Half-Life 1 Anthology (HL1, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, and TFC) is $2.50 today and worth 10x that much in gameplay.

I just picked up HL1 by itself (to replace my pre-Steam retail CD copy) and Monday Night Combat.
I've been looking at Monday Night Combat. I'm not a big fan of third person shooters though so I'm not so sure. Also, how do you already have .6 hours played of a game that doesn't come out for over 2 weeks? :lol:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:44 pm

When you buy MNC it immediately lets you play. I guess it's some kind of public beta deal. :?

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 pm

bic, dont feel too bad, where i live DSL is FAR FAR more reliable than cable, and better for downloading because you never get throttled. i have 3mb DSL and while i wish it was faster its still better than cable in my personal opinion. i dont trust cable companies at all, especially when it comes to internet. i'd rather have a connection where i can consistently get ~400kbps download rate 24/7 vs 4mbps for a day then they throttle the F*** out of you for the rest of the month.