What did YOU get for Black Friday?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Re: What did YOU get for Black Friday?

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:49 am

RCA RT2870 Surround Sound System with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. $100, and its 1000W! :)

We don't have black friday here in Canada, but my parents went to a liquidation place and bought this for me for xmas.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:53 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:RCA RT2870 Surround Sound System with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. $100, and its 1000W! :)
Don't get me started on the fact that its true output is nowhere near 1000w. :lol:

Anyway, about the only notable black friday deal I got was the PSU I grabbed for an upcoming project:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817171046
It's not the most powerful PSU, but it will be more than enough for this build, especially for $20 after rebate. It also had a $10 off combo deal with this CPU heatsink:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835103057
Also grabbed this motherboard for $40 after rebate:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0309510
But overall I didn't get any of the OMG-it's-half-price-on-an-item-that-never-goes-on-sale items. I was almost tempted to grab one of the new Xbox 360 slim 4gb consoles, as they were a great deal at Target: $199 (regular price), but you get a $50 Target gift card, plus an extra $10 one if you bought it before 10am. Since I work there, I would've gotten another $20 off, bringing it down to $120 plus tax. But I don't really want a 360...
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Lol, JDM, I know. I know. :P

Its still a nice system.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Damn....... DVDs for little under $2 a piece, I must have overlooked that in the ad. :( Oh well

Well, I got....

2 Black Wireless 360 Headsets for $30 a piece (One a Gift for my brother)
Red Dead Redemption $30
NFS: Hot Pursuit $35 (On Thanksgiving Day at Kmart)
Assassins Creed:Brotherhood $40 (Also at Kmart on Thanksgiving)
Dragon Age:Ultimate Collection $35 (Kmart on Thanksgiving again)
PS3 Controller for $40 (not the best deal, but I wasn't really gonna get it any cheaper, Plus I am gonna get reimbursed for this, gift from mom, but she said she will give me the money back that I payed for it)
Splosion Man ($2)
Portal:Still Alive ($5)
Trials:HD ($5)
aaaaand just got COD4 for PC (Steam $15)
(Had) Medal Of Honor for $35, but promptly returned it, because if I want to play a shooter, I will just play COD.

Earlier that week I got Age of Empires 3:Complete Collection off Games for Windows Live, for a whole 10 cents.

Also completely Unrelated, got Sonic & Knuckles with leftover points, and GT5 for PS3.

Still got to get a Digital Camera for my Mother, and some Cigars for my Dad.

Spent way more money than I had planned, but luckily I got a paycheck coming, at least that will pay for the Camera. =/

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Hifeno » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Picked up a 500gb WD portable hard drive at Walmart for $39. Huge L shape computer Desk for $49.99 regular $119 at staples, Band Hero Bundle for Wii for $75. Last thing a large metal shelf for my workshop $30 and 60 AA Duracell batteries for $10 at Homedepot
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;