Starcraft 2?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

xtrmgam3r360
Starcraft 2?

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Anyone here plan on getting it at the midnight release? Even if you aren't going at midnight who here plans on buying it? I sure know I can't wait any longer :)

tom61

Re: Starcraft 2?

Post by tom61 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm not going to pay $60 for it. I'll probably will get it when it hits the $20 mark. I'll just watch replays until then.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:16 pm

If Activi$ion has anything to do with the pricing, it'll be $60 for at least a year.
Anyways, really looking forward to this game. I can't wait.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:22 pm

I preordered it online, hopefully it'll show up later this week.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:07 pm

was going to get it at midnight release, but didn't bother going. Just going to pick it up later on today.

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:31 am

First in line at my gamestop :) Only 7-8 missions into campaign, and no online play yet, but its just as fun as I expected. Only complaint is the lack of LAN support, which is how my friends and I always played, but I guess we'll get used to using battle.net

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:18 pm

I picked it up today. Figured why the hell not?

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:29 am

xtrmgam3r360 wrote:First in line at my gamestop :) Only 7-8 missions into campaign, and no online play yet, but its just as fun as I expected. Only complaint is the lack of LAN support, which is how my friends and I always played, but I guess we'll get used to using battle.net
I'm not liking this move towards modern games not having LAN.

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 am

gamemasterAS wrote: I'm not liking this move towards modern games not having LAN.
Same here, I mean add all the extra features you like, but don't take out a feature we had 12 years ago!

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Ergh....SC2 is making me mad...I've had it since the midnight release, and I still can't play it!!!! I must be the only person around who DOESN'T have an internet connection at home...only at work...and there's no way I can take my compy into work and get it all hooked up there...this is INFURIATING!!! I can't get it to work at all....ARRGH!!! My house has been filled with the sound of anger and dissapointment for 2 days now...darn the future and its no-LAN-we-assume-everyone-has-interwebs-ism.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Rekarp
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Ergh....SC2 is making me mad...I've had it since the midnight release, and I still can't play it!!!! I must be the only person around who DOESN'T have an internet connection at home...only at work...and there's no way I can take my compy into work and get it all hooked up there...this is INFURIATING!!! I can't get it to work at all....ARRGH!!! My house has been filled with the sound of anger and dissapointment for 2 days now...darn the future and its no-LAN-we-assume-everyone-has-interwebs-ism.
Well I personally wouldn't buy Starcraft for the "story"
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Ergh....SC2 is making me mad...I've had it since the midnight release, and I still can't play it!!!! I must be the only person around who DOESN'T have an internet connection at home...only at work...and there's no way I can take my compy into work and get it all hooked up there...this is INFURIATING!!! I can't get it to work at all....ARRGH!!! My house has been filled with the sound of anger and dissapointment for 2 days now...darn the future and its no-LAN-we-assume-everyone-has-interwebs-ism.
Usually people who buy a game that is only playable online or single player (and not very good single player) for $60 will actually play it online thus they have an internet connection. Yes there is no reason to take out LAN support and require the battle.net servers, but come on, no internet at home? You must be in a pretty tight spot.

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Not really, I'm just cheap :lol: ...I don't really need it. I get more than enough interwebs time at work, so I pretty much have no use for it at home.

Of course, i was planning on get the webbies after i beat the single player in the game..but alas...it would seem that I'm gonna have to get it earlier...
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:30 pm

I never played the original, but am enjoying this one so far. It is pretty cool that it gives you the ability to choose what mission you want to do next once you get off of the opening world. Reminds me a bit of Empire at War in that respect. Good times!

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:39 pm

jones wrote:I never played the original, but am enjoying this one so far. It is pretty cool that it gives you the ability to choose what mission you want to do next once you get off of the opening world. Reminds me a bit of Empire at War in that respect. Good times!
Ya, the campaign is exponentially better than from the original. It used to just be mission, mission, mission, with nothing going on. Just text, mission, text, mission. I never even bothered to finish it.

Hows everyone doing online? I'm still qualifying for everything, but im not sure how it works. for 2v2, you have to qualify with the same partner? I did a few games with my friend, got down to 2 games to go, he leaves, im back up to 5.. fail.