Help me get even

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer
Re: Help me get even

Post by SonyPortableizer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 am

get an old computer and have a open cord going around it they will be zapped by crap tons of electricity. Theres a tutorial online, and hurts like crap

smitty

Post by smitty » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Donalbain619 wrote:Make a man sized version of the board game Mouse Trap. The taking of the lights activates a bowling ball which goes through a bath tub which triggers the cage and entraps them in a prison.
Nah, that's boring. You need to make a much more complicated Rube Goldberg machine, one with at least 64 moving parts. Just make sure the cage isn't too close to the lights, it might take a while to go off.
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:23 pm

If it's one of those lamps that are mounted on a small plastic shaft, do as follows. Disconnect the shaft from the lamp, and use sand paper to ensure that the two halves slide on and off easily. Then buy a commercial-sized cartridge of printer ink and pour it into the lamp-part, the place the shaft into the hole and stick the entire lamp into the ground together. This way, when the punks try to steal your lamp, they'll pick it up and cause the shaft to drop out and coat themselves with ink.
Diagram:
/---------\
[             ]
[▒▒INK▒▒]   <-Lamp
[▒▒▒▒▒▒]
     \  /
      ||        <- Shaft
      ||
      ╧╧
      \_/      <- Stake
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

bentendo64

Post by bentendo64 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:23 pm

put a giant cardboard print out of a pokemon in a tree to distract them, then higher some kid to stand in the bushes with a paintball gun. when they come , the will be shot repetedly, and run away, while they're running, have 2 others hold a rope accross the road, so they either get tripped, or clotheslined.
http://bentendo64.co.cc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Mmm, extra performance for free. The essence of overclocking."

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 pm

You guys all suck.

Real ideas:

- buy a can of bear spray. Theres your hot pepper oil, you can spray your lights down but it would be funnier if you could rig it to spray directly at them when they yank on the light.
- frozen paintballs
- drive a wooden stake 4 feet into the ground and bolt them on

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:38 pm

timmeh87 wrote:You guys all suck.

Real ideas:

- buy a can of bear spray. Theres your hot pepper oil, you can spray your lights down but it would be funnier if you could rig it to spray directly at them when they yank on the light.
- frozen paintballs
- drive a wooden stake 4 feet into the ground and bolt them on
1. Hot pepper oil has already been suggested.
2. Already suggested.
3. That'll keep them in, but won't help him get even.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Yep just sorting the real ideas out of the pile of crap. No one seemed to have a clue were to get hot pepper oil, I dont think anyone else said bear spray.

If you want to get really really even, let me try to come up with something practical....

- dissasemble a few roman candles, and grind the balls down so its all powder.
- Pack the light with it, so that it still is able to light up.
- invent a crude ignition device using a 9v battery and an igniter meant for model rockets (a few bucks at a hobby store for a pack)
- hopefully, when the offender grabs/yanks it, it shoots fire and molten plastic at him and they go to the hospital with hard to explain burns.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

cotton509

Post by cotton509 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:31 am

get those cheap bug zapers and wire the shocking part to your light and add a alarm switch :twisted:

kylerock96
PSN Username:xXminiman159Xx
360 GamerTag:xXkylerockXx

Post by kylerock96 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 pm

or, instead of putting a sparker, he could make a fuse out of matches like here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gb5QAk1-OU and then when they pull the top out of the ground, the shaft sparks up and goes boom!!!! Then, when they are trying to put their hair out, you jsmp out and spray them with pepper spray/shoot them with frozen paintballs.
I will take commissions on anything!!!!*

that is, anything but arcade systems...

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Coat it in urushiol.

Embed the stake in a three foot deep concrete footing.

legoboy
Location:some utterly insignificant little blue-green planet far out in the western arm of the galaxy

Post by legoboy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 am

Dig a small deep-ish hole and either bolt them to some post or embed them in some concrete. But depending on how immature your thieves are, they may just vandalize them if they can't take them.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 am

Low Orbit Ion Cannon.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Sir Lancellot

Post by Sir Lancellot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:20 am

Watch the Home Alone series and borrow a few tricks. Or just go out and find a few hooligans who wouldnt mind waiting up all night to throw eggs at the thieves. All teenagers like to throw eggs.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 am

Rekarp wrote:Low Orbit Ion Cannon.
Don't stop there, buy your own death star and a big magnifying lens.

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:41 am

Sink a rebar rod into the beneath the lantern and attach with a length of bungie cord to the lantern; either it silps out of their hands when they run off and scares them (smashing it to bits) or the bar springs out and smashes them.

Alt: attach to a dye pack (from a bank) hidden in the lantern; it will turn them a humiliating shade of pink (or an awesome flourescent orange) for the next couple of months. Beware that this will also stain any fence, door, car, brick or similar surface, and may lead to escalation.

Alt: sink a steel pipe beneath the lantern and build the new lantern off a length of cut iron pipe, or tin cans. this will result in significant injury to anyone trying to remove it.

alt: hidden camera + local news = painful humiliation and social stigma for those involved.