[Unknown]

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
SonyPortableizer
Portablizer
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:49 pm
Contact:

[Unknown]

Post by SonyPortableizer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:07 pm

[Unknown]
Last edited by SonyPortableizer on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Squintus
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:16 pm
Steam ID: tehsquint
Location: Lurking about somewhere

Re: Health Question

Post by Squintus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:38 am

I'm not sure what you could do about the fumes you already got in your eyes other than "go see a doctor", but I'm sure you could get some goggles for future protection. Maybe $5-10 for the sort of thing you'd need for a chemistry class.

User avatar
brandonk318
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:32 pm
PSN Username: brandonk318
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Health Question

Post by brandonk318 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:33 am

If it happens again flush your eyes with water, go see a doctor( most likely if you don't show much eye sensitivey then you are fine), just incase make a note in the future to wear goggles because burning plastic is not good for your eyes. I am not certain about the lead fumes but if you are too close then you might need to worry about it. Have you thought about a fume extractor?

User avatar
SonyPortableizer
Portablizer
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Health Question

Post by SonyPortableizer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Yea, but I dont know where to get one and I have no money
Image

User avatar
lifeisbetterwithketchup
Senior Member
Posts: 2180
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 pm
Steam ID: lifeisbetterwithketchup
Location: Illinois. Whee.
Contact:

Re: Health Question

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Just get a smallish fan set up blowing away from your work area. Better than nothing.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

nevermind1534
Senior Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm
Steam ID: nevermind1534
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Re: Health Question

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:11 pm

I'd say it's mostly rosin that got in your eye. Trace amounts of lead won't hurt you. It's usually only when large amounts (large being a relative term) get ingested, such as leaded paint chips, that you will start to see problems. I've got fumes from soldering iron tip cleaner in my eyes once. That stuff is really nasty.

The boiling point of lead is probably higher than your soldering iron will go (1740°C, 3164°F), so I doubt that you really got any in your eyes.

I get the rosin vapor/fumes in my eyes occasionally, but I have mostly learned to avoid that. Unless it's something that happens often, I say don't worry about it.


Not sure about the plastic, but that's probably not a problem, either. Just try not to make the mistake of getting to close to or directly above it often.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

User avatar
SonyPortableizer
Portablizer
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Health Question

Post by SonyPortableizer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:46 pm

allright thanks everyone, I can rest easy now.
I am way more careful now as well
Image

User avatar
robm
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Reynoldsburg. OH

Re: Health Question

Post by robm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Yeaahhh, don't worry about it. Getting fumes into your eyes won't hurt you any, just sucks a bit.

Just don't demonstrate the power of the dark side... with your lungs.

(Anyone get the reference?)

Post Reply