Toy Story 3

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

limpport
Toy Story 3

Post by limpport » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Did anyone see it yet? I just got back from the first showing, and I am absolutely amazed. They did an amazing job, and I don't think they could have made it better.

Toy Story came out in 1995. My earliest memory was when I was 4 and went with my parents to see Toy Story, and tickets were sold out. I cried and cried, so they gave me a free poster. When I finally got to see it, I was a changed child. This movie shaped my childhood. I had always had a lingering feeling that my toys came alive when I wasn't around. This movie confirmed it. I made sure to take special care of my toys after that, and I felt absolutely terrible if I ever broke one.

Even today, when I dig out my old toys, I make sure I put them back so they won't be too crowded or get uncomfortable in their box.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 am

I'm hoping to see it sometime this week. Also, if a single one of you spoils any of the movie for me it will almost certainly spell certain death.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:23 am

I went to the midnight showing of it yesterday, and it was absolutely phenomenal. I haven't been this blown away by a movie in a long time. Pixar has yet to disappoint.

And yes, I saw the first Toy Story in theaters back in '95 as a 4-year-old.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:41 am

gamemasterAS wrote:I'm hoping to see it sometime this week. Also, if a single one of you spoils any of the movie for me it will almost certainly spell certain death.
Buzz was Andy's sled from when he was a child.

Woody successfully defends the house from two bumbling house robbers after the rest of the toys accidentally leave him behind on a trip to Paris.

Pizza Planet is made of people

Buzz and Woody get the band back together and save the church they grew up in but inevitably end up back in jail after all the trouble they caused in order to succeed in their mission from god. They sing Thin Lizzy's Jailbreak at the end instead of The Boys Are Back in Town because I'm sick of hearing that song.

Woody, Buzz, and other miscellaneous other toys vie for the affection of Bo Peep and while it looks like she is going to end up with Brett Favre she picks Woody over Favre because she was a fan of a different team, which since he has probably been on said team after pretending to retire so many times.

Buzz successfully blows up the Death Star after Woody is incased in carbonite. Slinkey-Dog is Buzz's father and that cowboy girl that I can't remember her name is Buzz's sister.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:52 am

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/18/toy ... ster-eggs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DK

Post by DK » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:09 am

wallydawg wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:I'm hoping to see it sometime this week. Also, if a single one of you spoils any of the movie for me it will almost certainly spell certain death.
Buzz was Andy's sled from when he was a child.

Woody successfully defends the house from two bumbling house robbers after the rest of the toys :lol: accidentally leave him behind on a trip to Paris.

Pizza Planet is made of people

Buzz and Woody get the band back together and save the church they grew up in but inevitably end up back in jail after all the trouble they caused in order to succeed in their mission from god. They sing Thin Lizzy's Jailbreak at the end instead of The Boys Are Back in Town because I'm sick of hearing that song.

Woody, Buzz, and other miscellaneous other toys vie for the affection of Bo Peep and while it looks like she is going to end up with Brett Favre she picks Woody over Favre because she was a fan of a different team, which since he has probably been on said team after pretending to retire so many times.

Buzz successfully blows up the Death Star after Woody is incased in carbonite. Slinkey-Dog is Buzz's father and that cowboy girl that I can't remember her name is Buzz's sister.
Oh how I wish these were true :lol:

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Out of the way kiddies, I've been waiting a long time to see this movie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

limpport

Post by limpport » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:00 pm

thewise1 wrote:Out of the way kiddies, I've been waiting a long time to see this movie.
Opening night was pact with the < 4 feet category. There was a kid with a pretty sweet Buzz costume.

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:00 pm

The midnight show I was at was almost entirely teenagers who probably grew up with the first two. I just felt sorry for the people who went to the 9:30pm IMAX showing of Iron Man 2, just to come out to an incredibly huge line of people waiting to get in for TS3.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:40 pm

I just saw it with my family. It lived up the the previous ones, thankfully. 8) I don't think I saw either of the first ones in theaters, but I remember Toy Story being one of my favorite movies. It's kinda cool to see how the animation has improved.
There weren't too many little kids at the 9:15 showing, maybe a few about 8, but most were teens and adults.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:36 am

thewise1 wrote:Out of the way kiddies, I've been waiting a long time to see this movie.
11 years. Wow it's been a while.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:01 am

ITS NOT OUT HERE YET BUT IM TAKING MY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR FIGURINE

IM CAPSING BECAUSE NEWZEALAND TIED WITH ITALY ZOMG
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:56 pm

blaze3927 wrote:ITS NOT OUT HERE YET BUT IM TAKING MY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR FIGURINE

IM CAPSING BECAUSE NEWZEALAND TIED WITH ITALY ZOMG
*vuvuzelas*

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:23 pm

I swear if I hear or read about vuvuzelas one more time I'm going to flip! Ugh!

Wallydawg, that previous post of yours was epic! That made my day.

Oh, and by the way, Snape kills Dumbledor at the end.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Mario

Post by Mario » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:29 pm

:P

It does look like a great movie. I hope my family is going to see it.