Portablizer Extraordinaire Review

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

limpport
Re: Portablizer Extraordinaire Review

Post by limpport » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:13 pm

hailrazer wrote:I have all the PM's and posts by you to prove it.
Can you post them?

Oh hi there pagebreak! Pleasure as always.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:14 pm

aceboy44 wrote:
hailrazer wrote:LOL. I won't even begin to try to explain what an ASS this guy has been.

Long story sort I tried to refund his money but apparently money can not be sent from the USA to Kuwait. Must be all the terrorist there or something of that sort.

I will try to find a way to refund the money, but I am in no hurry after the total JERK this waste of my time has been.
Yeah, we are terrorist that's why we are the richest country on earth (1KWD = $3.44 and 1KWD = 2.84) http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amoun ... image.y=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice story you got there (I tried to refund but can't send money to Kuwait.) It kept me entertainned :lol:

Well let me offer a suggestion, how about a complete refund from my payment on March 7, and March 9?

Also, what about my 2VMU I sent you from Kuwait by Paypal? I still have FedEx number to prove it so don't try to deny it.
Don't call me a liar.

ANYONE here can try to send a payment to Kuwait..... IT"S NOT POSSIBLE !!! They do not allow it.

And you can only process a refund for up to 60 days. That is stated right in Paypals Rules.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

aceboy44
Banned

Post by aceboy44 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 pm

I'm not going to keep arguing with you, as this would be a waste of my time and energy (although I can prove that you are the one being disrespectful here by cussing me, calling me and my country terrorist, etc.)

In any case, have you heard about western union? You can write me a check from there and they will mail it to me.

This is the best possible solution for both of us.....

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:35 pm

aceboy44 wrote:I'm not going to keep arguing with you, as this would be a waste of my time and energy (although I can prove that you are the one being disrespectful here by cussing me, calling me and my country terrorist, etc.)

In any case, have you heard about western union? You can write me a check from there and they will mail it to me.

This is the best possible solution for both of us.....
Kuwait is in western asia aka the middle east. kuwait isnt a terrorist nation but there are many in the region. he didnt say "aceboy44 is a terrorist" so take a chill pill.

also this
and aceboy, you never responded to the PM i sent you.

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:44 pm

@ Triton: Are you sure? I thought it was Aceboy who wanted the computer, and Hail made a suggestion because he had one of the ones Aceboy was looking at, and Aceboy went off about how he paid and why does Hail have the time for gaming on his computer when he had a commission to be working on. Hail explained his situation, and that the laptop was for work.

Triton

Post by Triton » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:45 pm

i might be wrong, let me doublecheck
EDIT: yep, wrong computer related post, it was this one
aceboy44 wrote:
hailrazer wrote:I just bought a G73 and it is the best thing I have ever used.
I like the fact how you're so calm about simply saying this while knowing that you have 2 commission jobs to complete. You see sir, there are many factors that inspired me to commission you and only you:

1) You have a college degree (so the chances of my portable arriving DOA or damaged is less likely to occur + you know what you're doing because you have a degree on this field.)
2) You're 37 years old or whatever you said in your interview (dealing with older people means that you're dealing with mature people and people who keep their word/end of the deal.)
3) You're the only portablizer here who offered to keep me up-to-date with the project by starting a new thread. No other portablizers offered me to do this. In addition, I like your videos quality on youtube and adored your case designs.

The deadline for the project has just passed and recently I didn't bother you about it (You said 7-8 weeks, yet you still haven't installed the screen, buttons, tested batteries, etc.)

I don't have a problem with you enjoying your life by playing video games, taking your family out, traveling, etc. but I do have a problem when I pay someone $800 to make me a portable in a specific period of time, yet he prefers to purchase a gaming laptop and play games on it during his free time rather than finishing the projects he was paid to do. Thank you for making me wait longer and making me aware that you're wasting time by enjoying video games.

On the other hand (just so you guys don't criticize me) thank you for your feedback on the G73, however, the Alienware also has illuminated keyboard, dual fans and keep air out on the back of the laptop, awsome graphics, Superfast processor, fast boot-up, and awsome design.

Oh and before you respond, just answer me this very simple question: "Why are you playing video games in your free time rather than working on my portable? This is not why I pay decent amount of money to portablizers...."

Oh and no, you are not doing "the best" you can as you claimmed in your response to me via PM.... Even the people are asking about what happened to the project....

P.S: When I purchased my sony laptop, the estimated ship date was 1 week, however, my laptop was shipped in just 3 - 4 days, so don't give me excuses....

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 pm

That's the one, thanks.

Triton

Post by Triton » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:54 pm

sure no problem! and here is another somewhat relevant post by aceboy44
aceboy44 wrote:
Triton wrote:aceboy44 please learn some respect and dont crap all over somebodys for sale thread, if you think a price is too high that is your OPINION, do not state it as fact while trying to shill somebody elses product.

I was not shelling someone else's product. I was talking about the portable N64 market in general. Which part of that is shelling?
Trition wrote:For one thing i would like to see you try and build a better portable for 300$ and then tell me that this one isnt worth more than that. It is also very disrespectful to both sonyportablizer for you to come in to HIS F/S thread and basically tell people not to buy or consider buying his product, regardless of your opinion on what he is selling its rude as hell to sabotage somebodys thread like this! :facepalm:
NateN34 wrote:
aceboy44 wrote:
limpport wrote:
aceboy44 wrote:Also, after the apperance of the kamikaze 64 it'd be extremly difficult (if not impossible) to get $600 out of it so $300 is a good deal.

For an extra $100 you could commission hailrazer and get another kamikaze 64 with full options :P
The Kamikaze has nothing to do with this. This thread is to sell the L64, not commission Hailrazer (no offense Hail!)
What do you mean it has nothing to do with this? It has everything to do with it. It is a subsitute product for the L64. If the kamikaze 64 didn't introduce itself to the market yet, then I would agree that the L64 is the world's finest portable n64 custom-built, but with the appearance of the kamikaze 64 (with the D-pad, L-button, and probably weights less than the L64) the L64 value has collapsed/finished. It's called competition my friend; people want better products at a cheaper price.

P.S: The L64 was owned by several members of this forum, in addition to it being at least 4 years old or something.
So, you are simply trying to say.................buy Hailraizer's portable and not this one?
consider this your first verbal warning, respect other peoples threads.
Over here I was giving the seller facts (that's right I didn't say my opinion,) facts about how difficult it would be for him to get $600 out of his portable knowing the fact that another portable does exist in this market with better specs & quality (D-pad, 3-way switch including charging/wall holes, L button, etc.) This is what is called "incorrect pricing (selling it for almost the same price as the kamikaze 64.)" In addition I was saying that had he tried selling this portable before the apperance of the kamikaze 64 he might have been successful and attarcted more customers since the L64 was the world's finest portable N64 for the past 4 years untill the kamikaze 64 appeared in the market and pinned it down. Having people commissioning hailrazer for a kamikaze 64 instead of buying this portable just proves my point. Now tell me which part of that is an opinion?

By the way, we all agreed to leave this thread alone and let the seller decide on the price he wants to sell it so why bring this issue back alive again? Also, as a mod shouldn't you be diplomatic and set a good example of respect and maturity by PMing me about this issue rather than going public by attacking, offending, and threatening me with warnings in front of people?

If you didn't notice I do have issues with the seller of my portable (I don't like how slow the progress is) but I don't go all crazy about it or say it all publically or open a paypal dispute to get his attention or similar actions. I PM him, try to see what the issues are (he's a human being and bad things could happen to him such as being sick, family crysis, etc.), work and settle things out, and then finally (only after what I tried does not work) I open a paypal dispute or offend him publically or similar tasks. Not before then.
note the bold segment, isnt this thread a LITTLE hypocritical? and in response to the above i sent the following PM, that i never got a reply to
I would like to make a few points about this post.
#1 coming in to another persons thread and trying to promote a competing product can be considered being a shill. its not 100% accurate as you arent being paid to promote his portables. that doesnt make it appropriate behavior
#2 the "fact" that the seller would have a hard time getting his asking price is still your opinion. just because you dont think it worth his asking price (at the time) does not mean that another person would not find it to be a reasonable price. competition does drive price to a point but a market like this is driven by demand and intrest, not competition. just because there are more choices doesnt mean people should lower their prices, the value/cost of the end product is still determined by how much people are willing to pay for it, not how cheaply the competition sells theirs for (to an extent)
#3 what part of my post was a personal attack against you? It is my place as a moderator on this forum to issue warnings (verbal or otherwise) to members who behave inappropriately. I personally have nothing against you, I simply felt that your behavior in that thread was inappropriate. I will admit that i could have worded it in a more professional manner but my reasoning stands. It is rude to come in to another persons thread and try and promote a competing product, meanwhile insisting that their product is not worth the asking price, it is not up to you to determine fair market value of a niche product.

please feel free to respond to this message if you have any points you would like to make. I am not trying to cause drama I simply wanted to clarify what i said in that thread so that we both understand eachother. and to give you a clear idea as to why I issued a warning to you. Thank you for your time!

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:58 am

aceboy44 wrote: Yeah, we are terrorist that's why we are the richest country on earth (1KWD = $3.44 and 1KWD = 2.84) http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amoun ... image.y=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice story you got there (I tried to refund but can't send money to Kuwait.) It kept me entertainned :lol:
You even admit yourself that Kuwait-i-ans cant recieve Paypal here
aceboy44 wrote:
vskid wrote:I would suggest using ebay. I don't think many people here are interested in these.
Paypal will not allow Kuwaiti customers to recieve money (however they do allow Kuwaiti customers to PAY/send money :evil:) so Ebay is useless to me :shock: . What I want to do is look for potential buyers here, have them pay hailrazer, and then I will use some of my money to commission hailrazer for a nice portable.
heres the link
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=36492&start=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though, even though his memory is quite selective and he is quite obnoxious, Hail, find a way to return his money

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:08 am

Paypal won't let me send the money and Western Union won't let me send the money.

I won't send cash.

Trying to figure it out.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:08 am

According to Western Union's website, you can send money to Kuwait.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:00 am

Black Six wrote:According to Western Union's website, you can send money to Kuwait.
According to their website, you can, but it might be a different story at some of their outlets.

I had this problem with somebody in Russia (paypal wouldn't let me refund the money). He bought memory that we thought might be lost in the mail, and he suggest that he pay me extra to ship more via FedEx. It eventually arrived, though, and everybody was happy.

I'm not sure if what I just posted has anything to do with this, but it can be difficult to get money back to the person after 60 days. I wonder if there's anything that aceboy wants from somebody else in a country that can receive paypal? Maybe raizer could send the money to somebody that aceboy wants to buy something from?
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:33 am

What the website says and what it is letting me do is two different thinga altogether.

I am thinking a Postal money order may be the only way.
My Portable Systems:

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:25 am

hailrazer wrote:I am thinking a Postal money order may be the only way.
You can only send them to a handful of countries, though.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Michaelthurston
Steam ID:MichaelThurston

Post by Michaelthurston » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 am

hailrazer wrote:What the website says and what it is letting me do is two different thinga altogether.

I am thinking a Postal money order may be the only way.
On USPS's website I found this:
International Postal Money Order (371)
NOT Available
Thats was in the Kuwait section.
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)