How much have you pirated?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup
Re: How much have you pirated?

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun May 23, 2010 8:42 pm

gamemasterAS wrote:
lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:
lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:Bluray drives are actually a lot cheaper than I thought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep. Mine was $50 on Black Friday.
I just don't want to adopt the hardware until they're full speed. Whats going to be the max out speed for blue-ray? Or do they know at this point?
From what I can gather, 12X looks to be the max. I don't particularly care about the speed though (I think mine's a 4X); all I'm doing with the drive is either playing or ripping my movies.
What do you use for your HD playback? I use VLC and sometimes it stutters, with my hardware that's just unacceptable.
For playing BDs right off the disc I use PowerDVD which came with my BD drive. When I remux my BDs to .mkv (and for any other likely .mkv files that you are interested in ;) ) I play them back with either XBMC or Media Player Classic Homecinema, both of which provide hardware acceleration for video playback keeping my CPU usage extremely low and minimizing any stuttering or other stupidness.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

limpport

Post by limpport » Sun May 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Triton wrote:in my defense, other than my music 75% of the media i have "pirated" is anime, and more than half of that is stuff that is not available for legitimate purchase in the states yet, and some of it wont ever be. i but legit copies of my movies/music etc when i can afford to

http://www.animefreak.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a great website to stream anime from. The have a huge selection of shows.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun May 23, 2010 9:51 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote: For playing BDs right off the disc I use PowerDVD which came with my BD drive. When I remux my BDs to .mkv (and for any other likely .mkv files that you are interested in ;) ) I play them back with either XBMC or Media Player Classic Homecinema, both of which provide hardware acceleration for video playback keeping my CPU usage extremely low and minimizing any stuttering or other stupidness.
Ok, thanks for the suggestions. Nothing makes me angrier than a 3ghz dual core cpu with a ATI 5770 stuttering while doing anything.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun May 23, 2010 11:33 pm

That's why you should have gotten a 2.8 ghz Intel quad-core and an Nvidia card. :P

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Sun May 23, 2010 11:38 pm

bicostp wrote:That's why you should have gotten a 2.8 ghz Intel quad-core and a GTX 260. :P
I read: NVidia
I thought: :lol:
/atifanboy

P.S. Bic-Nearing the 10k post mark eh? Maybe you should take the "Sir Posts-a lot" Title from JackFrost! :P
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon May 24, 2010 9:13 am

bicostp wrote:That's why you should have gotten a 2.8 ghz Intel quad-core and an Nvidia card. :P
I used to have a 8800gt but driver issues got to me. Plus those nvidia drivers that were frying cards was kinda freaky.

robm

Post by robm » Wed May 26, 2010 7:47 am

$20844.54

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Wed May 26, 2010 12:55 pm

does receiving a game that was never released count?
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs