Portable contest

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

RNS0504
Portable contest

Post by RNS0504 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:45 pm

Ok, ive been thinking about this for a while, i dont know if anyone would like to participate though. I was thinking that here we can post all the info about our portable or build a new/improved one. once everyone had posted their info, Ben could maybe judge our portables in terms of size, battery life, design, originality, features etc. The winner would get... the glory of having ben name his portable "best". Or maybe there would be a category for each system. I dont know if anybody would be interested, i just thought it would be a fun but pointless thing to do.

Link89

Post by Link89 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:54 pm

Yea it's a good idea but it will take a lot of work from Ben. It would be neat to set one for once a year. We should try to set it in the summer time if we can when everyone has more time for everything. I just started school and am not going to have much time to work on my portables. :(

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:18 pm

I also think its cool but I don't know about when cause we need time to make them. Christmas break might be good thats a whole month.

Link89

Post by Link89 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:38 pm

You get a month?????? I get half of that, it sucks having only two weeks break during chirstmas. Yea that might give us more time but I still think next summer is best then we have a whole year to work on everything.

cennar

Post by cennar » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:12 am

ill do it!.. but wheres the big cash prize or new dremel set, or even a lazer engraver set up.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:08 am

cennar wrote:ill do it!.. but wheres the big cash prize or new dremel set, or even a lazer engraver set up.
I'll settle for just a trophy.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:02 am

How about the portable gets featured on Bens site in a special website for contest winners or even doomportables.

Link89

Post by Link89 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:21 am

Yea that's what I was thinking that they get featured on his site. For a trophy evryone would have to pitch some money in. But it needs to have a grading scale. Like case, how long it lasts on whatever batteries your using, weight, screen, and extra features. It then it would be graded on like a scale of one to ten. Or we could have everyone vote for the one that has the best qualifications or that they like best.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:25 am

Link89 wrote:Yea that's what I was thinking that they get featured on his site. For a trophy evryone would have to pitch some money in. But it needs to have a grading scale. Like case, how long it lasts on whatever batteries your using, weight, screen, and extra features. It then it would be graded on like a scale of one to ten. Or we could have everyone vote for the one that has the best qualifications or that they like best.
Not bad, so should those be written into the rules and see if Ben is willing to extend his Bandwidth a bit for a week or two. Then hold the contest at the end of December or begining of January.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment

I am a geek.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:51 am

yeah, but you might want to put build cost into it aswell.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:43 pm

Just to keep perspective on the portables?

I am a geek.