My Birthday!! Gimme Presents! >:)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

smitty
Re: My Birthday!! Gimme Presents! >:)

Post by smitty » Wed May 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Uhh, I just thought of another problem with wearing pants. There's no way my parents will drive me there every day, so I'm going to have to ride my bike. It's only about 4 miles, but I'll have to find good bike routes, and I'll get hot, and I probably won't look too good if I show up sweaty...
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm

smitty wrote:Uhh, I just thought of another problem with wearing pants. There's no way my parents will drive me there every day, so I'm going to have to ride my bike. It's only about 4 miles, but I'll have to find good bike routes, and I'll get hot, and I probably won't look too good if I show up sweaty...
Previously you said you could put your pants on in the car. Similar idea, why couldn't you put your pants in a backpack and wear shorts whilst riding your bike there? Then when you get there, just change into the pants in the bathroom.

Then again, it depends on the uniform for Panera/wherever you get hired. Some places allow shorts, some don't. But for your interview, you definitely want to wear pants. Once you're hired, it's not as critical, you just need to follow whatever uniform guidelines your boss sets.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

smitty

Post by smitty » Wed May 05, 2010 2:34 pm

I was thinking of that, but most small stores around here don't have bathrooms, at least, not for the customers. Maybe I'll have to go to Panera before I ask for an interview and see if they have one, or just bring the pants and if they don't I'll look through the rest of the stores for one, there's got to be one somewhere in the Promenade.
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed May 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Wear gym shorts on the bike ride there, and put pants over them when you arrive. Take some body spray to freshen up with if you know you'll smell bad after the ride (but use sparingly). If you get the job and have to bike every day, you'll probably have a place where you can change before work.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Wed May 05, 2010 8:18 pm

smitty wrote:I was thinking of that, but most small stores around here don't have bathrooms, at least, not for the customers. Maybe I'll have to go to Panera before I ask for an interview and see if they have one, or just bring the pants and if they don't I'll look through the rest of the stores for one, there's got to be one somewhere in the Promenade.
Most stores will have a bathroom in the back for employees, unless it's in a larger mall. Then there would be public restrooms you can use.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops