Writing up a business plan

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

ghosstt
Writing up a business plan

Post by ghosstt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:13 pm

So, can you guys give me some pointers on writing up a business plan? I'm not exactly all that sure what goes into one to be honest, so all help is appreciated.

edit: a start-up business plan btw

weaponepsilon

Re: Writing up a business plan

Post by weaponepsilon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

I have several that I'll been working on. My best advice is to check out the SBA (small business Association) for tips and structure. The one I've been to actually helped you write up the plan online. You should be even able to find startup money and grants through them. What kind of business are you looking at? (as if I have to ask)
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

aceboy44
Banned

Post by aceboy44 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:01 pm

Could not offer help. Delete comment....

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon May 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Best suggesting I would have would be to look around the internet first to get a good idea of what needs to be in it. Develop your idea some. After that you'll want to have a professional business plan written up. You can go about this in a few ways, one would be to take to a business consultant who could help you get everything you need entered in. Another would be to look at sites like legalzoom.com, where you can do the work yourself and have it be legal.

Good luck.

-Sparkfist

P.S. What's your business going to be?
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Fri May 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Actually, you want to look up a group called SCORE (Service Core Of Retired Executives) Score.org. They will hook you up!
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

aceboy44
Banned

Post by aceboy44 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:51 pm

Removed

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue May 11, 2010 8:04 pm

seriously it's not that hard. you don't do it alone, but your going to be doing SO much work that no one but you will ever see value from. ex: promotions, networking, client relations all sorts of stuff that you'll love doing more than taxes. biggest thing is just be vary direct about your idea. the plain is to say realistically what your goals are. so take your objective and trace the steps back to where they start. think things through and keep track of whats left to do. that's it! once you know what you want to do. how you want to do it. you can look at what it takes to do it... I'm not a money guy. I'm a direction guy. I don't get carried away with much else than challenging people, so lets say I wanted to be a management rep for artists or an artist. (possiblity one day, not right now I never post on benheck sober) ither way I would say year one, I would like to be established doing this, this, and this. then I would have to find out the cost, the time frame for attracting those opertunites what have you. do you know the location already, is it being run from home... all that stuff needs to be connected from when you turn on the open sign on day one, to when you have the idea and the capital. it's basic procedural thinking.