2010 Post Your Ride thread! 56k beware!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup
Re: 2010 Post Your Ride thread! 56k beware!

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Thu May 27, 2010 3:34 pm

jdmlight wrote:Oh, and soon I'll be upgrading the front speakers. The right tweeter is shot, it buzzes and is really annoying. :x ketchup can attest to how annoying it is.
/attests
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
jdmlight wrote:Oh, and soon I'll be upgrading the front speakers. The right tweeter is shot, it buzzes and is really annoying. :x ketchup can attest to how annoying it is.
/attests
at least your car HAS front speaker! mine right now only has 2 little 4" JVC speakers in the rear, and a tape deck! lol

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat May 29, 2010 8:54 am

Nice cars guys.

Oh, and thanks for the nice reponses on my beauty. Initial-D!

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Heres my shweet ride with the new rims on it.

I think it looks pretty effin cool. What do you guys think?

VV

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:00 pm

ValiantVenality wrote:Heres my shweet ride with the new rims on it.

VV
Ooh shiny. Looks nice! I like it when people actually try to keep their cars looking nice (most of the people posting in this thread it seems :D )

Too bad most people drive such pieces of crap. :? I dunno, I couldn't imagine driving a boring car. (and if you think my Jeep is boring you need to try out the 4.7L V8, it's waaay faster than any SUV has any right to be :wink: Handles surprisingly well too (although it's still no sports car))
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Sold my Jeep today. Kinda sad to see it go, but I think the new owner will get good use out of it. Next car will probably be a Ford Focus (wagon, hopefully), but I won't be getting one until the end of the year. I'll miss the low end grunt of the 4l I6, but the handling and gas mileage will make up for it.
Big chrome doesn't really do anything for me, but if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. 8) Are those tires the right size? It looks like the bead is moved out more than it should be.

Triton

Post by Triton » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 pm

vskid wrote:Sold my Jeep today. Kinda sad to see it go, but I think the new owner will get good use out of it. Next car will probably be a Ford Focus (wagon, hopefully), but I won't be getting one until the end of the year. I'll miss the low end grunt of the 4l I6, but the handling and gas mileage will make up for it.
Big chrome doesn't really do anything for me, but if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. 8) Are those tires the right size? It looks like the bead is moved out more than it should be.
he might have a little stretch goin on to prevent fender rub, but i'd need better pictures to be sure. if it is stretched on the rim at all its not much. do a google image search for stretched tires to see some extreme examples :lol:

On an unrelated note i've been working on the mockup for my future custom hand made fiberglass center console! lots of cardboard, paper, and measurements right now. once i get some more money i'll start working on the actual skeleton of the thing lol. it will replace the front center console peice (center gauges, shifter surround etc) and will flow all the way to the back seat. the main reason for building it is to add cupholders and a center armrest with a storage compartment in it! expect to see updates on this in the future :D

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Triton wrote:On an unrelated note i've been working on the mockup for my future custom hand made fiberglass center console! lots of cardboard, paper, and measurements right now. once i get some more money i'll start working on the actual skeleton of the thing lol. it will replace the front center console peice (center gauges, shifter surround etc) and will flow all the way to the back seat. the main reason for building it is to add cupholders and a center armrest with a storage compartment in it! expect to see updates on this in the future :D
Cupholders are good. :wink: Sounds like an awesome project! Do post pics!
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

vskid

Post by vskid » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:06 pm

We just got another Civic. '94 LX sedan, 1.5l, stick, 260,000 miles. Our other one is a '97 DX sedan, 1.6l, stick, 212,000 miles. Neither have VTEC or any of that nonsense, just the base engines. Our other vehicles are a '03 Yukon XL 1500, 5.3l, auto, 4x4, 105,000 miles; '94 F-350 crew cab, long bed, 7.5l, auto, 4x4, 250,000 miles. MPGs go 30-40, 30-40, 12-17, 7-11. As you can see, high mileage doesn't mean anything in my family. 8)

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:13 pm

lol, bump because i am a sick person. i recently (couple weeks ago) bought a 1987 subaru XT GL10 turbo 5 speed 4 wheel drive car, but it has catastrophic rust so i am selling it for a small profit as a parts car to a friend of a friend and in its place hopefully tomorrow i am buying LOLVO 2.0!

here is the subaru
and the catastrophic rust
pics of the new volvo once i get it :D

vskid

Post by vskid » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Triton wrote:pics of the new volvo once i get it :D
What model? Does it run?

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Triton wrote:lol, bump because i am a sick person. i recently (couple weeks ago) bought a 1987 subaru XT GL10 turbo 5 speed 4 wheel drive car, but it has catastrophic rust so i am selling it for a small profit as a parts car to a friend of a friend and in its place hopefully tomorrow i am buying LOLVO 2.0!

here is the subaru
and the catastrophic rust
pics of the new volvo once i get it :D
Thats one thing I like about living here in this part of Kentucky. Our cars don't rust anywhere near as bad as that down here. I mean we get rust down here. But 20 year old cars still tend to be pretty solid and not rusted out down here.

The only way one could can fins that kind of rust on car down here. (Apart from cars bought up north and brought down here.) Is if the car was dragged up from bottom of Kentucky lake or the Ohio River after being there for years :lol: .

I also can't wait to see pictures of the new LOLVO 2.0!

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Triton

Post by Triton » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 pm

I also can't wait to see pictures of the new LOLVO 2.0!
well prepare to be disappointed! as i was ON MY WAY, cash in hand to buy the car the lady sold it out from under me for a hundred dollars more than i had, didnt even give me the courtesy of letting me counteroffer! the real kicker is i was posting on /o/ (the auto board on 4chan) and the guy that BOUGHT THE CAR was in my thread! talk about a small *&*#$ world! D:

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:44 am

Find him. Grab Him. Stuff him full of goose feathers. Show. Him. Who's. BOSS.

..oh yeah, and take the car too while you're at it ;)

EDIT: Hello Mr. Page Break..fancy meeting you here.......
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 am

Metallica Man X wrote:Find him. Grab Him. Stuff him full of goose feathers. Show. Him. Who's. BOSS.

..oh yeah, and take the car too while you're at it ;)

EDIT: Hello Mr. Page Break..fancy meeting you here.......
That is a fantastic way to start a new page. :lol: