2010 Post Your Ride thread! 56k beware!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

RockNRoll!
Re: 2010 Post Your Ride thread! 56k beware!

Post by RockNRoll! » Wed May 19, 2010 11:51 am

1989 cummins ram. Looks just like this but red. I done a few upgrades to the turbo/injectors/pump so now I got 500 horses of smelly powah :twisted: !

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri May 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Unfortunatly, a few weeks ago, the rear axle of the van broke (the Ford Winstar I posted on the first page). It didn't bend or anything, but it broke clean through! Pretty sure it was welded after an accident or something. Because of that and numerous other problems, we traded it in towards a 2002 Toyota Highlander!

It is very fun to drive, the petals respond quickly, and both the AC and heater work!

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri May 21, 2010 7:52 pm

V6?

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri May 21, 2010 9:34 pm

bicostp wrote:V6?
Yep. We got it mainly because of the 4-wheel drive. It's 2 wheel in normal driving, but it senses when it needs to be in 4 wheel. How does that work? Does it sense when the front tires spin?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri May 21, 2010 11:43 pm

limpport wrote:
Yep. We got it mainly because of the 4-wheel drive. It's 2 wheel in normal driving, but it senses when it needs to be in 4 wheel. How does that work? Does it sense when the front tires spin?
ABS sensors are one way to sense the spin, but not necessarily the way that particular vehicle engages the AWD. Wikipedia just says it's a 50:50 front:rear fixed torque split (but isn't that just 4WD? :? ), and I couldn't really find anything with google. There are a few ways that it could be activated, either electronically or mechanically.

There was actually a problem with the rear axles in the Windstars. There have been many that have broken, but it only happens after ~100k miles and it hasn't resulted in any injuries, so there hasn't been a recall.

limpport

Post by limpport » Sat May 22, 2010 7:17 am

vskid wrote:
limpport wrote:
ABS sensors are one way to sense the spin, but not necessarily the way that particular vehicle engages the AWD. Wikipedia just says it's a 50:50 front:rear fixed torque split (but isn't that just 4WD? :? ), and I couldn't really find anything with google. There are a few ways that it could be activated, either electronically or mechanically.

There was actually a problem with the rear axles in the Windstars. There have been many that have broken, but it only happens after ~100k miles and it hasn't resulted in any injuries, so there hasn't been a recall.

Our Windstar was at 150k ish. My brother was backing it into the driveway when it broke. Thankfully it happened in the driveway at 5mph instead of on the road at 50.

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Sat May 22, 2010 12:12 pm

My 1986 FC3S RX7 Savanna

My 1998 SN95 Mustang GT

My 2010 S197 Mustang

My 1995 EG9 Civic Sedan (currently not running)
Like i said... I'm a pimp and pimps dont commit suicide.

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 pm

heres my new beauty!

Its so sick!! Just got it today for my first car! So excited. 90 Fox Body Mustang V8 5 Speed Manual 5.0L. I love cars =]

Lucas

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue May 25, 2010 5:38 pm

ValiantVenality wrote:heres my new beauty!

Its so sick!! Just got it today for my first car! So excited. 90 Fox Body Mustang V8 5 Speed Manual 5.0L. I love cars =]

Lucas
That looks like a dangerous first car... :wink:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Don't rice it out or wrap it around a tree! :P

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Tue May 25, 2010 7:06 pm

bicostp wrote:Don't rice it out or wrap it around a tree! :P
Dont plan on doing either! I like making it as stock as possible! Going to pick up some chrome Cobra wheels, and possibly a scoop hood. And at the moment I'm taking advanced driving classes here in CA. Keeps insurance down, and teaches me a lot about driving. Which I'm very interested in. This car is my life.

Lucas

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm

ValiantVenality wrote:Dont plan on doing either! I like making it as stock as possible! Going to pick up some chrome Cobra wheels, and possibly a scoop hood. And at the moment I'm taking advanced driving classes here in CA. Keeps insurance down, and teaches me a lot about driving. Which I'm very interested in. This car is my life.
Advanced driving classes, eh? I'll have to look into those. :wink:

Also, I like that you're planning to keep it looking as stock as possible (with the exception of some Cobra accessories, which is appropriate). I personally like the look of many cars "as-is" from the factory, especially when the paint is as flawless as it looks on your Mustang. :D IMHO it's actually harder to do modifications to your car and try to keep it looking stock than to just throw a bunch of aftermarket junk on there.

(Have I posted a pic of my Jeep yet? If not I need to do that...)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 am

VV - Nice car. I'm not really a fan of that body style, but that is one sexy beast. 8)
jdmlight wrote:(Have I posted a pic of my Jeep yet? If not I need to do that...)
You said you would, but I don't think you have.

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed May 26, 2010 3:13 pm

vskid wrote:VV - Nice car. I'm not really a fan of that body style, but that is one sexy beast. 8)
jdmlight wrote:(Have I posted a pic of my Jeep yet? If not I need to do that...)
You said you would, but I don't think you have.
Well then I'll have to fix that. :P

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 4.7L V8. I enjoy my V8. :D copulate tree huggers and gas mileage.

I hate that tree in the background, it drops a lot of little flowers and tree sap. :? (I may potentially be obsessed with having my car clean :lol: )

I think the only thing I've modified on this car (well besides maintenance things) is I've added an iPod interface. Oh, and soon I'll be upgrading the front speakers. The right tweeter is shot, it buzzes and is really annoying. :x ketchup can attest to how annoying it is.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu May 27, 2010 3:26 pm

IMHO it's actually harder to do modifications to your car and try to keep it looking stock than to just throw a bunch of aftermarket junk on there.
just like portables, when i modify stuff i like to keep it looking like its SUPPOSED to look that way :mrgreen: i'm going to be doing some custom stuff to my VW here in the not too distant future. bring the circa 1987 interior into these modern times a bit but still keeping the 80s/90s vibe :D