Proxy Help

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Uniformed_Hacker
Proxy Help

Post by Uniformed_Hacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 pm

First let me introduce myself. I am Uniformed hacker and I am a long time follower. I have been following the forums on and off since G-Force became a mod (forever ago :D ). I am in the United States military and am stationed in South Korea.

My problem lies with Skype. I use skype to call my parents and fiancee back home. Some how the Korean internet service provider is blocking skype. I am not sure if they have blocked the port or how they are doing it but all VOiP phones (except for the ones you pay for through them) are shut off. Is there anyway I can set up a proxy to run skype through?

I have found tutorial after tutorial on Google about running a proxy through IE because Skype runs off of the internet options in IE. Tried... failed...

Anyone know of a good proxy software (preferably a demo or freeware) that I could try?

Thanks for every ones help.

Uniformed hacker

ghosstt

Re: Proxy Help

Post by ghosstt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:03 am

I'm not sure, but I think your problem lies within the base's internet. I've skyped with people in south korea before with no probles. (They were using a mac though)

Uniformed_Hacker

Post by Uniformed_Hacker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm

The base internet is run through a contracting Korean company. Its not the government that is blocking it and its only in the dorms we can't skype

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 pm

I believe you can talk to people with skype through https://imo.im/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might want to check reviews on that website first though, I've never tried it. If the site itself is blocked you could try run in through a proxy site like http://yourtube.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Try using TOR for that. If you can't download TOR, then tell me.