Hori mini pad

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Fanboy
Re: Hori mini pad

Post by Fanboy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 pm

hailrazer wrote:
Fanboy wrote: I'd have to disagree with you on this, but to each his own :) . I'm actually shocked by how long my MakoPad64 has survived (considering all the abuse it's taken.

What you could do is get a MakoPad64 and swap out the stock thumbstick for a GC thumbstick. It would probably be cheaper than a Hori Mini Pad (I've never found one under 30 dollars) and it seems to me that it might give you what you want...
Yea to each his own. I like them better than the stock N64 pads but the stick is still VERY hard on the thumb compared to a Gamecube stick.

And actually I was going to put a Gamecube stick in my Super Pad, how did you know :)
Because I'm in the process of doing it!

I'll post pics when I'm done :) .

EDIT: I'll say it's especially hard on mine, the plastic thumbrest is missing, and I've been playing Starfox 64 by toggling this thin metal pole. OUCH :( .
God Bless Hot Glue

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:14 pm

I like the superpad 64 plus a lot. On my regular superpad 64 (3 prong model) the plastic joystick thing broke off. I just put 4 toothpick extensions on it and slapped a button on the end. It worked great, after lots of hotglue, of course.

Speaking of hotglue, guess what the stock superpad 64 joystick pots are held on the joystick plastic with? :wtf:
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Basement_Modder wrote:I like the superpad 64 plus a lot. On my regular superpad 64 (3 prong model) the plastic joystick thing broke off. I just put 4 toothpick extensions on it and slapped a button on the end. It worked great, after lots of hotglue, of course.

Speaking of hotglue, guess what the stock superpad 64 joystick pots are held on the joystick plastic with? :wtf:
Believe me, I know. I've used quite a bit of hot glue on it anyway, so I don't mind.

I swapped out the joystick for a GameCube unit earlier today. I had to dremel out the grey plastic circle and make custom supports (out of hot glue :!: and moulding wax) for it to fit. Feels really nice. All I need to do now is go in again and switch X and Y because I messed it up when I did it the first time :lol: ...
God Bless Hot Glue