Hori mini pad

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

tom61
Re: Hori mini pad

Post by tom61 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 am

That link is from your account, we can't go through it.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice. Are you really going to cut it up? I'd say it's hardly worth it doing that, since you can just use any 3rdparty controller + a gamecube controller, which is cheaper and spares your horipad for future non-portable use.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Kyo wrote:Nice. Are you really going to cut it up? I'd say it's hardly worth it doing that, since you can just use any 3rdparty controller + a gamecube controller, which is cheaper and spares your horipad for future non-portable use.
+1 I haven't found a comfortable 3rd party N64 controller, but the Hori's look way comfy. Unless you plan on using the two halves of the controller as "wings" for your portable, I would keep it in one piece.

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Have you tried the Interact SuperPad Plus/ MakoPad 64?

Its like, half GameCube controller (analog stick half) attached to the right-hand wing of an N64 controller. Very comfy, in my humble opinion.
God Bless Hot Glue

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Fanboy wrote:Have you tried the Interact SuperPad Plus/ MakoPad 64?

Its like, half GameCube controller (analog stick half) attached to the right-hand wing of an N64 controller. Very comfy, in my humble opinion.
Umm no. The Analog stick is the same as any other N64 stick, it's not like a Gamecube stick and it's not comfortable. But the SuperPad Plus is better than most N64 controllers , I'll give you that.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:55 pm

it's not potentiometer based? Really?

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Kyo wrote:it's not potentiometer based? Really?
As far as I know, the Hori pad uses the same joystick as a GameCube. I honestly have no idea what that is based on.

The MakoPad64 uses potentiometers...
God Bless Hot Glue

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:27 pm

The gamecube is potentiometer based.
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:53 pm

I mean the superpad one. I know the horipad is potentiometer based, just like the GC one.

vskid

Post by vskid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Most (all?) 3rd party N64 controllers use a potentiometer based joystick, so a GC one can be substituted in, depending on the resistance of the original one.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Kyo wrote:I mean the superpad one. I know the horipad is potentiometer based, just like the GC one.
No I meant the stick is not a good one like the Gamecube stick. It's not soft and small. It's hard and rigid. (no comments perves). And it breaks just as easy as the N64 one. That's all I meant.

Yes it is potentiometer based , it just sucks as a thumbstick is all. The Gamecube one and the Hori minipad one is MUCH better.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:16 pm

I use a hori pad I got for $10 for playing games on my desk, it takes up less space. It's survived at least twenty falls straight on the analog and is still going. The range of the stick is slightly farther than a 1st party controller, and a bit touchier.

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:24 pm

hailrazer wrote:
Kyo wrote:I mean the superpad one. I know the horipad is potentiometer based, just like the GC one.
No I meant the stick is not a good one like the Gamecube stick. It's not soft and small. It's hard and rigid. (no comments perves). And it breaks just as easy as the N64 one. That's all I meant.

Yes it is potentiometer based , it just sucks as a thumbstick is all. The Gamecube one and the Hori minipad one is MUCH better.

I'd have to disagree with you on this, but to each his own :) . I'm actually shocked by how long my MakoPad64 has survived (considering all the abuse it's taken.

What you could do is get a MakoPad64 and swap out the stock thumbstick for a GC thumbstick. It would probably be cheaper than a Hori Mini Pad (I've never found one under 30 dollars) and it seems to me that it might give you what you want...
God Bless Hot Glue

vskid

Post by vskid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Fanboy wrote:What you could do is get a MakoPad64 and swap out the stock thumbstick for a GC thumbstick.
That's been done several times. For some reason, everyone in this thread has seemed to have forgotten that... :roll:

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Fanboy wrote: I'd have to disagree with you on this, but to each his own :) . I'm actually shocked by how long my MakoPad64 has survived (considering all the abuse it's taken.

What you could do is get a MakoPad64 and swap out the stock thumbstick for a GC thumbstick. It would probably be cheaper than a Hori Mini Pad (I've never found one under 30 dollars) and it seems to me that it might give you what you want...
Yea to each his own. I like them better than the stock N64 pads but the stick is still VERY hard on the thumb compared to a Gamecube stick.

And actually I was going to put a Gamecube stick in my Super Pad, how did you know :)
My Portable Systems: