Ramen vs Mac and Cheese

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Ramen or Mac & Cheese?

Ramen
47%
Mac & Cheese
53%

Total votes: 58

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
Re: Ramen vs Mac and Cheese

Post by bicostp » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Tell them it's your flesh-cooking solar powered death ray. Who knows they might be into the evil genius types. :P

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:21 pm

lol unfortunately the girls at our dorm are, well, yikes.. :| :(

This ancient microwave is bullet proof, and pretty powerful too 8)

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:32 pm

I like those dumb Mac and Cheese insta-cups they sell. Cheap, easy and lame! Also you can throw in a slice of processed cheese to make it, well, cheesier.

Ramen is OK but there's too much salt.

-Ben

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:05 pm

People of earth, I come with great newfound culinary advice! The next time you make ramen, add an egg to it. I don't know how you all prepare it normally (I used to get the chili flavor, make the noodles, strain them, and add just a little bit of seasoning for a dry spicy noodle dish, and it wouldn't work well for that) but I just made one of the instant lunch soup bowls, and added an egg just before adding the boiling water. I also broke the yolk so it'd mix in better. When the noodles were ready, I stirred the egg in. It adds a lot more oomph to it, highly recommended!
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah, that is really good. Tastes like egg drop soup.

Excellent

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:12 pm

benheck wrote: Ramen is OK but there's too much salt.
agreed
Image Image

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:12 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:People of earth, I come with great newfound culinary advice! The next time you make ramen, add an egg to it. I don't know how you all prepare it normally (I used to get the chili flavor, make the noodles, strain them, and add just a little bit of seasoning for a dry spicy noodle dish, and it wouldn't work well for that) but I just made one of the instant lunch soup bowls, and added an egg just before adding the boiling water. I also broke the yolk so it'd mix in better. When the noodles were ready, I stirred the egg in. It adds a lot more oomph to it, highly recommended!
OOH! I'll have to try that sometime :P
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Biased

Post by Biased » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:42 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:People of earth, I come with great newfound culinary advice! The next time you make ramen, add an egg to it. I don't know how you all prepare it normally (I used to get the chili flavor, make the noodles, strain them, and add just a little bit of seasoning for a dry spicy noodle dish, and it wouldn't work well for that) but I just made one of the instant lunch soup bowls, and added an egg just before adding the boiling water. I also broke the yolk so it'd mix in better. When the noodles were ready, I stirred the egg in. It adds a lot more oomph to it, highly recommended!
It's good to mix two or three eggs in a bowl and put the flavor packet in with them while you're boiling the noodles, then cooking all of it together in a giant pan and making an omelet. Putting in sliced lunch meat makes it pretty good too.

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Ramen, fo sho.

There are enough Asian grocers in my area (Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, you name it) that the selection is HUGE! Plus, they sell all the goodies that might not come in the packet. Fried eggs, fish cakes, freeze-dried shrimp (delicious, like shrimp jerky).
God Bless Hot Glue

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:53 pm

In general, I like Mac and Cheese better than ramen. I still like ramen though, it's pretty hard to beat for around 20 cents. But I'd definitely prefer mac and cheese, especially if it's homemade. OM NOM NOM

(oh and I think that Easy Mac is gross)
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.