MGC 2010 Suite... Ok, let's do this once more!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

SpongeBuell
MGC 2010 Suite... Ok, let's do this once more!

Post by SpongeBuell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:37 am

Hey folks,

So... suite time, eh? For those that haven't gone to MGC before but are planning on it this year, we have a group suite that we split the costs for. If you want a good rest before the event, I would NOT recommend this for you. However, if you want a party complete with plenty of Guitar Hero, talking with random people on the Internet that become instant friend, and 5 people around 20 years old crammed around a toilet soldering something, by all means! Oh, and it's pretty cheap, too. In previous years, it'd cost about $35 for BOTH nights per person (not $35/night, just to be clear).

Some people have said that they want to have the room at the Sheraton, where the event is held this year. I thought about that long and hard, but decided that it'd be best to keep this at the Ramada Limited like in previous years. The Sheraton doesn't have suites, and the Ramada has been awesome to us in past years, even when they got noise complaints and a room that obviously had 10 people in it. Plus, we're now only 5 miles away from the event, rather than 15, now that the event has been moved.

Now, costs. Like I said, this is $35/person for 2 nights, roughly, depending on how many people we have and how many rooms we end up needing. I keep a spreadsheet with everyone's information to figure out how many people are coming and the whatnot. I also started a deal last year where people could hang out with us in the suite but not stay overnight if they want, and pay half the cost. This may sound dumb to have to pay without staying overnight, but if we get too many non-overnighters, we may have to get another room and it's not fair for the overnighters to take the cost.

Sometime during the first week of March, I will be taking down payments as well as final number of people expected. I'll figure out the exact costs per person, and will need 50% from all overnighters, 100% from everyone else. This is NOT refundable. I'll accept PayPal for the down payment, or you can mail me a check. If PayPal, please throw in a few extra dollars to cover their fees (I know that sounds dumb, but a couple dollars lost multiplied by 10 people is a lot, considering I'm not making any money off of this and am paying just as much as you guys towards the hotel). I'll update my spreadsheet to show what you've paid, and will use post-fee amounts for that. If you overestimate the fees (I can't remember what they are, to tell the truth) I'll put you down for more than 50%. The rest can be paid at the hotel, I'll be sure to hunt you down :)

Oh, and one other thing. Obviously, this is the Internet. Some of us have met each other before from previous MGCs or something else, but others are complete strangers. Because of that, we want to know that you aren't some creeper that doesn't have the best intentions (afterall, we're sharing a hotel here...) Because of that, I reserve the right to deny you coming in. It's nothing personal by any means, just trying to be safe. If you aren't sure, feel free to ask and see what happens; I'll be sure to let you know. This will mainly be based on post count and when you joined. On that note, there should also be an age range put in for good measure for that reason. Let's say 18 to overnight, <s>17</s> 15 to hang out (if your parents are in another room nearby) and 25 max to overnight (eagle5953, I think you might be slightly past that now... don't worry about it, we all know/trust you).

Finally, no drugs, no alcohol (even if you're of age, I don't want rumors of alcohol and underagers in the same room going around the hotel) and nothing illegal (if you're downloading something... just don't tell me, ok? ;) ). I reserve the right to kick you out with NO REFUND for any reason, but I also won't abuse that power (I haven't yet, and I think everyone that's gone before will agree that I've done a purty dern good job organizing and running this before).

Ready? Good! Go ahead and ask questions and the whatnot here, or RSVP with a PM in the following format (fill in the blanks, accounting for friends) so I can start estimating how many people are actually coming and with that, what it'll cost everyone.
Your PM should have wrote:Hi SpongeBuell! I plan on attending MGC this year and will be bringing between ___ and ___ people, including myself. Realistically, it will probably be ___. This does not include any other forum members, they'll be sending their own report. I (will/will not) be staying overnight, so please charge me as such.
Current List:
Biased
cowsgoquack101
eagle5953
G-force
jdmlight
lifeisbetterwithketchup
marshallh
Metallica Man X
samus
Sparkfist
SpongeBuell
Squintus
Triton

Take care!
-Brian/SpongeBuell
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

chainfire95

Re: MGC 2010 Suite... Ok, let's do this once more!

Post by chainfire95 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 am

I'm 17, why no sleep over.
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 am

Also can we discuss car pools in this thread?
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 am

@chainfire, you'd probably be best to start another thread with regards to carpooling. Probably could link to it here though.

@Spongey: Hey now, I'll still be 25 then... :)

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 am

eagle5953 wrote:@chainfire, you'd probably be best to start another thread with regards to carpooling. Probably could link to it here though.
I started one.

collinE

Post by collinE » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 am

I didn't want to room with you brats anyway :D
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:53 pm

collinE wrote:I didn't want to room with you brats anyway :D
Yeah well I didn't want to room with you, you old bastard :D

Also, is it safe to say that I'd be ok to room with? Skyone and Triton can vouch for me (maybe, come on guys pull through for me).

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

I want in on this suite.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 am

chainfire95 wrote:I want in on this suite.
For hanging out, I assume, given your age? PM me to make it official, easier for me to keep track of and separate the "I want to go" from "I will go"

The age minimum for overnighting will not be changing (is your birthday between now and then, by any chance?) though I did figure I could get away with changing the hangout part to 15.
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 am

my birthday is February 1

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:35 am

If you'll be 18 then, that's fine... I'm more worried about your age at the event than this moment. PM me when you're ready to make an official hold, preferably in the format like before.

Hmmm, it's also easy to know where I'm going with this and *say* you'll be 18. Maybe I should check IDs :P
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:Maybe I should check IDs :P
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Yeah, checking IDs is pretty 90's =P

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
SpongeBuell wrote:Maybe I should check IDs :P
Looks legit to me

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Ok, going based on those that followed my directions and sent me a PM, and a couple that IMed me (people I talk with a lot anyway), here's the current guest list. If you are not on this list and want to be, PM me by February 10th (Wednesday). Beyond this date, I cannot guarantee that I'd be able to fit you in. Also, I'll probably be collecting down payments soon after, go get your checking accounts ready ;)

Current list:

eagle5953
Erlex
G-force (+1 guest)
marshallh
Metallica Man X
samus
Sparkfist
SpongeBuell
Triton (+1 guest)
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel