Just picked up Fallout 3

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_
Re: Just picked up Fallout 3

Post by Zeturi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:29 am

Palmer, run for it. Run outside the town entrance, then wait outside for about 3 days. (Use the select button to wait). Go back in Megaton, and all of a sudden everyone's forgotten what you did. Except Colin Moriarty, who will try to shoot you on sight.
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:31 am

I killed him. I am auto saved right outside the saloon, and I cannot even make it out of the town without dying.

Excellent

Zeturi

Post by Zeturi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:58 am

Try running along the edge of town, behind the Craterside Supply. I managed to run out in time. If your health is full, you should be able to make it. Don't get anywhere near Jericho, Lucas Simms, or Billy Creel. Also, there is a sniper on top of the town gate, so don't stand still for too long. Good luck. :P
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 am

I have about 20% health.

Excellent

Zeturi

Post by Zeturi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:02 am

Take all the Stimpaks you have, don't bother with limbs unless it's your legs.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 am

palmertech wrote:If anyone has a tip, please help.
Use multiple save slots from now on. Autosave is nice, but can screw you if it saves at a time like it did for you. You might be able to use multiple slots to run out of town, save when you get to a good spot, but if it doesn't allow you to get somewhere else, return to the previous save.

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318

Post by brandonk318 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:35 am

I just hate the auto save because I just finished Anchorage. And at the last part when you have to kill the general, if you die(on mine it will go to the last auto save which is right after I have gone through the door) the general kills the american captive and just stands there looking at you. I couldn't move either I waited for about 15 minutes and loaded it again and it did the same thing so I had to load up the save before I entered the Chinese HQ. :evil: But it wasn't a total lose. Now I am finally going through trying to get to the gnr building.

alentris

Post by alentris » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

palmertech wrote:Ok, I am extremely pissed. I was planning on playing good guy the whole game, but I decided to try and kill/take key from/steal stuff from Colin Moriarity, the saloon owner. However, everyone apparently liked him, because the whole town is now shooting at me.

Why does this piss me off? Because I have almost no ammo, very few stimpacks, and it is impossible to make it out of the town alive. As far as I can tell, I am just screwed, and have to restart the game. Is this the case? If anyone has a tip, please help.
Try yielding to them.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:32 pm

SCOOOORE i just bought a brand new sealed copy of fallout 3 for PC for 10 bucks :D I love surplus stores

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 pm

I have 270 saves. Saving often is a good idea, so if you get angry and decide to "accidentally" shoot someone, you can just reload a save.

Also, if you're having issues getting to rivet city, I'd to near the bottom of the left side of the river, and then just swim across and run to rivet city. You can skip a lot of the super mutants that way.
\

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:47 pm

kylechu wrote:I have 270 saves. Saving often is a good idea, so if you get angry and decide to "accidentally" shoot someone, you can just reload a save.

Also, if you're having issues getting to rivet city, I'd to near the bottom of the left side of the river, and then just swim across and run to rivet city. You can skip a lot of the super mutants that way.
Thats the boring way to play. Live with your mistakes! Theres always the 4th 5th playthrough!
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 pm

kylechu wrote:I have 270 saves.
only 270? fag! :P
(i have 497)

but, yeah, save all the time. its definitely worth it. i find myself reloading saves very often. its especially useful in places like the deathclaw sanctuary, where, if you die, you reload to an autosave at the door, which can be like 20 or 30 minutes worth of gameplay gone. :wtf: :wink:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah, my xbox seems to crash often when playing marathon sessions of fallout 3, so I tend to save very often.
\