Just picked up Fallout 3

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318
Re: Just picked up Fallout 3

Post by brandonk318 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Well, I played and beat first edition but I also have the game of the year edition. If you want to spend like 10 hours and get a bunch of cool alien weapons go and do mothership zeta. But rememeber have at least 40 stinpaks on you and have very little weight on you before going (so you don't have to drop all the good stuff.) Try not to go when you are level 20ish because thats when all the aliens have shields. Right now I am just exploring so I can just fast travel if I need to go somewhere and spend less time with the giant radscorpions. I just love looting little camps where talon company mercs and raiders are at. I can't remember the perks to try not to get but I know the stranger perk is kinda funny because this guy kept showing up on my brother's vats all the time and ended up killing the enemy for you. It got annoying after a while.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Fallout 3 is one of those games where I wish I could erase parts of my brain just to have the experience of playing it again for the first time.

I seriously think it's the best game ever made, and it's the only 360 title where I went out of my way to get every achievement.

-Ben

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:50 pm

jones wrote: I'd suggest heading towards Rivet City before too long. It can be tough going, but once you make the trek there and into the downtown DC area I think you'll be hooked. Have you gone to Galaxy News Radio yet?
Thats where I am in the main quest line right now. (Havn't actually gone yet) I've been trying to do a bunch of the side-quests in Megaton, etc. I think I just finished the quest with finding the kids dad, and now I have to find him a place to live. I'll probably do GNR next, and then head to Rivet City.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:04 pm

ghosstt wrote:
jones wrote: I'd suggest heading towards Rivet City before too long. It can be tough going, but once you make the trek there and into the downtown DC area I think you'll be hooked. Have you gone to Galaxy News Radio yet?
Thats where I am in the main quest line right now. (Havn't actually gone yet) I've been trying to do a bunch of the side-quests in Megaton, etc. I think I just finished the quest with finding the kids dad, and now I have to find him a place to live. I'll probably do GNR next, and then head to Rivet City.
One thing that helped me out early was to head South from Megaton to the spot where you do the Operation Anchorage DLC quest. You will level up around three times and get some cool stealth armor out of the deal. During the mission you're in a simulator, so the limitations of the low level character you have early in the game aren't an issue. Something worth thinking about anyway.

Getting to Rivet City really helps open up the game. Keep us posted on your progress!

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Well, I just hit level 8, and got the Protector Achievement. Not worried about the other 2 just yet, because I think I'm gonna play through another 2 times. I was on my way to Rivet City through the metro system, and I think I was getting close. I also only have 1 more chapter to go on the Survivors Guide, which I need to go to RC for anyway.

John Kirby

Post by John Kirby » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am

Its a good game but it gets tough when you've got to travel to Rivet City. I got so mad during that part I just quit

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 am

John Kirby wrote:Its a good game but it gets tough when you've got to travel to Rivet City. I got so mad during that part I just quit
really? also, whats your sig? i dont click stuff like that. :wink:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:52 pm

I bought it yesterday, I am going through MegaTon right now. I am gonna play it 100% good guy the first way through, might be bad guy next time. Shot that bastard in the suit. :P

Excellent

alentris

Post by alentris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

palmertech wrote:I bought it yesterday, I am going through MegaTon right now. I am gonna play it 100% good guy the first way through, might be bad guy next time. Shot that bastard in the suit. :P
ahahahaha... Soooo much more satisfying to blow up megaton. It made me cackle maniacally.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:16 pm

this is a game i plan to get once i get a decent gaming rig again.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:26 pm

alentris wrote:
palmertech wrote:I bought it yesterday, I am going through MegaTon right now. I am gonna play it 100% good guy the first way through, might be bad guy next time. Shot that bastard in the suit. :P
ahahahaha... Soooo much more satisfying to blow up megaton. It made me cackle maniacally.
I am playing through my first time as a good guy, relying on Charisma and Speech. Maybe I will play again someday as an evil guy. :lol:

Excellent

alentris

Post by alentris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 pm

palmertech wrote:
alentris wrote:
I am playing through my first time as a good guy, relying on Charisma and Speech. Maybe I will play again someday as an evil guy. :lol:
But it's so much easier being a gunslinging evil dude! Walk into rivet city and blow someone's brains off! Pwn Lucas Simms just to make his kid an orphan!

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 pm

alentris wrote:But it's so much easier being a gunslinging evil dude! Walk into rivet city and blow someone's brains off! Pwn Lucas Simms just to make his kid an orphan!
Actually, the great thing about Fallout 3 is that even taking the good path can have bad consequences...

***MILD SPOILER***

When I went to Megaton I decided to do the "right" thing and let the Sheriff know about the guy who was trying to convince someone to blow up the town. The Sheriff went in, confronted the guy, and got gunned down leaving his child an orphan. So even though I tried to do the right thing he still ended up dead and I had to deal with the consequences of that decision through the rest of the game.

This is just one example of what makes Fallout 3 such a great game. The black and white choices are at a minimum and you're left with a lot of grey area to deal with. Very cool!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:12 pm

I waited for the guy to draw, then shot him. Sheriff lived, Han drew first, and everyone is happy. :)

I am really liking it so far, looks like a good contender for my top 10 fave games.

Excellent

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 am

Ok, I am extremely pissed. I was planning on playing good guy the whole game, but I decided to try and kill/take key from/steal stuff from Colin Moriarity, the saloon owner. However, everyone apparently liked him, because the whole town is now shooting at me.

Why does this piss me off? Because I have almost no ammo, very few stimpacks, and it is impossible to make it out of the town alive. As far as I can tell, I am just screwed, and have to restart the game. Is this the case? If anyone has a tip, please help.

Excellent