Steam sales again

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face
Steam sales again

Post by gamemasterAS » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:41 pm

They seem to be taking a "everything must go approach" . Lets all gets some games and arrange some matches.

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Re: Steam sales again

Post by schmellyfart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:02 am

Im looking at getting Half Life 2:Deathmatch..

Is it any good or is it a waste of money?

Any other good, cheap games?

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:17 am

Red Faction: Guerrilla
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

FirstTImer

Post by FirstTImer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:09 am

schmellyfart wrote:Im looking at getting Half Life 2:Deathmatch..

Half Life 2:Deathmatch Is still FREE From Steam .....
Ati and Nvidia owners get the game free
ATI link below
http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nvidia link below

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to steam topic

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/a ... 75128.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I play HL2DM everyday, I enjoy playing it!!

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:53 pm

What he said. I got it for free from Nvidia. It's not as in-depth or elaborate as something like TF2, but it can still be a load of fun.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

J.D

Post by J.D » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Hmm, I tried to get it for free, because I have an ATI card, but it isn't working for me.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:07 pm

I bought GTA: IV the other day and will buy Red Faction Guerrilla later tonight.

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:57 pm

FirstTImer wrote:
schmellyfart wrote:Im looking at getting Half Life 2:Deathmatch..

Half Life 2:Deathmatch Is still FREE From Steam .....
Ati and Nvidia owners get the game free
ATI link below
http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nvidia link below

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to steam topic

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/a ... 75128.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I play HL2DM everyday, I enjoy playing it!!
Awesome!! Thanks a lot!!

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:47 am

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9605/steamlk.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who wants to play what?

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:03 am

I got me some Star Wars: KOTOR and Braid for about $8.

I also got HL2: Deathmatch, Lost Coast, and Portal: First Slice for free since my new netbook has the NVidia ION LE :D

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:31 am

Medieval II: Total War, Audiosurf, Chains, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death, Braid, Shadowgrounds Survivor and Shadowgrounds, Ghostbusters: The Videogame, Day of Defeat - $27

:D

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:27 pm

If you're up for some TF2, here's a server I bum around on a lot:

bT*Warzone
208.85.5.234:27017

They've got some custom maps on there, but for the most part it's stock rotation. (I forget if they put the really fun stuff like DonkeyKong and pacman_wtf back on or not.)

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:31 pm

I've never used Steam before, but see they have some sexy deals going on at the moment. Figured I'd ask you Steam vets some questions.

Is there a limit as far as how many computers the games can be installed on, or do you just have to be logged into Steam to be able to play them?

Also, they don't seem to list the system specs for games, or am I just missing that?

I see they've got Civilization IV the complete collection for $26 and Rome: Total War for like $3. I've been hankering for a good strategy game for awhile now and those seem like they will fit the bill nicely.

Thanks guys,

FirstTImer

Post by FirstTImer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:21 pm

jones wrote:I've never used Steam before, but see they have some sexy deals going on at the moment. Figured I'd ask you Steam vets some questions.

Is there a limit as far as how many computers the games can be installed on, or do you just have to be logged into Steam to be able to play them?

Also, they don't seem to list the system specs for games, or am I just missing that?

I see they've got Civilization IV the complete collection for $26 and Rome: Total War for like $3. I've been hankering for a good strategy game for awhile now and those seem like they will fit the bill nicely.

Thanks guys,
I dont think there is a limit on how many computers the games can be installed on, you do have to be logged into steam to be able to play. one logged in account per computer....And each computer would have to download the game(s)....

Yes there are system specs for the games, if you cant find them in steam theres usually a link to the game website wich should have the specs required to run the game....
J.D wrote:Hmm, I tried to get it for free, because I have an ATI card, but it isn't working for me.

Did you install Steam First? pretty sure you have to have that installed and logged into then goto that link....the one for Ati..

http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <----- ATI

Almost forgot about this one... Another totally FREE GAME

Americas Army 3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/13140/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <---- Info Here
Last edited by FirstTImer on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:26 pm

jones wrote:Is there a limit as far as how many computers the games can be installed on, or do you just have to be logged into Steam to be able to play them?
Nope! There's no limit to how many computers you can install the games on, even for games like BioShock whose retail versions' DRM only permits a few installations. (You can even copy the installation files directly from one PC to another in most cases.) The hitch is that you can only log into your Steam account on one computer at a time.
The specs should be listed at the bottom of each product page, but even if they aren't they're only a Google search away. Some of the listed system requirements aren't accurate anymore thanks to DLC and patches. Take TF2 for example; if your PC just meets the system requirements on the page (like my laptop), you'll run at maybe 10 FPS with lots of tweaks now because they've added so much to the game since it was released. (And on that note, I suggest you get TF2, even if you have it on console. The PC version is far superior to the console port. They've added so much stuff since launch, it's almost like a new game.)