Uh, Modretro?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator
Re: Uh, Modretro?

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:29 am

I declare that the term "civil" will not be used, but "war between the sites" in it's place. lol

Modretro being a new site does have a lot of modivation and asperations to be a great site for video mods. It's great they want to co-exist, cause this means that the annual portable contest(s) can be bigger, more diverse and exciting. Besides the more the merrier.

One other bonus, and this is more for Ben then anyone else. Is that there is the good chance that they could work on projects before we consider them, and as a result have some of the technical mess already figured out. And so you guys know, give credit where credit's due, on both fronts. This would just help more people get portables made, spread the news, and make everyone happy.

It's just we have to remember that you can't make everyone happy. And if you're one of the people that gets your feeling hurt don't get all vindictive and angry and start a big mess like what happened before. It's better for everyone if we work together, cause that means more can be done.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Knux the Fox
Steam ID:knuxthefox

Post by Knux the Fox » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:45 am

I've been all over, and I feel that sites that are practically the same differ by the specific people who populate them. I've seen many crossovers on the different forums I've been on, but they're all unique in their own way.

Now, about the flame wars and all that; Welcome to the internet.

Now, I've only been on BH for a short time, but I do like it. I'm amazed by what many of you here are capable of, and I look forward to each and every project that is undertaken. I read the 22 pages of suspense and intrigue that is the T64 thread. It's this kind of thinking that is going to change the path of videogaming. Looking at the T64 and the progress that has already been made on the OpenPandora project, gamers are taking control of how systems are shaped and changed. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, the ghosts of SEGA and SNK....they're all great, but gaming cannot continue to progress internally through large corporations. It's time for independent developers, gamers, and modders to rise above the big names to create something new. I think what we have here is providence.

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:All of them.

Why? Because when we created it, we felt like having a back up site in case BH went down.

There were a lot of false rumors spread around BH that ben was going to close down the site, and that it would cease to exist.

This was not true.

It was just a bunch of crap (see: bacteria ; LOTWRDB).

Anyways, we already bought it, so we decided to make our own community out of it. It would be like BenHeck, but with changes made, a different staff, and some improvements. We hoped for co-existance.

Then some dumbasses decided to use the site as an anti-benheck get-out-of-jail-free card, and then a bunch of crap went down. Feelings were hurt, people were banned, and then we worked together to solve the problem.

After ridding ourselves of a butt-hurt old man with aspergers, we became quite happy to co-exist, because he was the apparent source of our problems.

Sure, some people are still holding grudges against each other, but eventually they will realize that it's the internet.

Now we are here. I call it a learning experience.

SS
Peaceful coexistence? Between BenHeck and Modretro maybe, but the only reason you don't hate benHeck at the moments is because of CSP, and just to let you know, I have been getting E-mails from Freeforums that someone is DOS'ing my forum. Seems like an overreaction for a website that "is not a threat". :lol:
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95

Post by mikeyg » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:18 pm

SHUT UP DNT!
I thought you left.... :roll:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:38 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:
ShockSlayer wrote:All of them.

Why? Because when we created it, we felt like having a back up site in case BH went down.

There were a lot of false rumors spread around BH that ben was going to close down the site, and that it would cease to exist.

This was not true.

It was just a bunch of crap (see: bacteria ; LOTWRDB).

Anyways, we already bought it, so we decided to make our own community out of it. It would be like BenHeck, but with changes made, a different staff, and some improvements. We hoped for co-existance.

Then some dumbasses decided to use the site as an anti-benheck get-out-of-jail-free card, and then a bunch of crap went down. Feelings were hurt, people were banned, and then we worked together to solve the problem.

After ridding ourselves of a butt-hurt old man with aspergers, we became quite happy to co-exist, because he was the apparent source of our problems.

Sure, some people are still holding grudges against each other, but eventually they will realize that it's the internet.

Now we are here. I call it a learning experience.

SS
Peaceful coexistence? Between BenHeck and Modretro maybe, but the only reason you don't hate benHeck at the moments is because of CSP, and just to let you know, I have been getting E-mails from Freeforums that someone is DOS'ing my forum. Seems like an overreaction for a website that "is not a threat". :lol:
Consider this an official warning, we dont need any more drama on this forum, if you want to discuss things like this keep it to PMs or email. The forums are no place for it.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:47 pm

I feel pretty confident in saying that the majority of the benheck and modretro communities do not wish to have anything more to do with bacteria. He caused more forum drama, butthurt, and nerdrage on both forums than anyone else in recent memory. I see he's an admin on your forum, much like he was in the early days of Modretro, and I fear history is starting to repeat itself:
ShockSlayer wrote:we decided to make our own community out of it. It would be like BenHeck, but with changes made, a different staff, and some improvements.

[...]

Then some dumbasses decided to use the site as an anti-benheck get-out-of-jail-free card, and then a bunch of crap went down.
Please do not start in with "Cyberstream vs benheck & modretro" drama. Nobody wants to deal with all that crap again. :facepalm:

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Not to make the flame war bigger, but Bic, Bacteria quit CyberSteam, too. :lol:

http://steamportables.freeforums.org/wi ... g-t91.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent

what

Post by what » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Oh,yeah, also, isnt he banned from Modretro to? Also, thanks for explaining this to me.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Yes. He broke several of our rules, and we took action. Also, he gave one of our moderators a specific request to be banned, so he WANTED it and we figured it was time.

Anyways, I don't hate benheck at all. They are the cool guys. They have bicostp, and triton, and skyone, and spongey, and sparkfist(WTF), and all kinds of other cool people. And I'm here too. I could go on for quite a while listing nice things about benheck, like the reference section and the showcase, so I can't see any reason to be hating. :D

Also, I've been randomly PM'ing bic since the contest incident, so us working together isn't anything new, and it certainly isn't going to stop.

Also, DNT, I won't lie, a lot of people hate you. Could be anybody from either forums trying to do that. Also, you are about as threatening as this:

Have fun with your steamer. :P

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:14 pm

palmertech wrote:Not to make the flame war bigger, but Bic, Bacteria quit CyberSteam, too. :lol:

http://steamportables.freeforums.org/wi ... g-t91.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well that didn't last long...

I don't know whether to :lol: , :wtf: , :roll: , or :facepalm: .

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:17 pm

SS, That's a scary mofo. :P

Anyway's...

Both forums are equally awesome in their own way, mostly due to the fact that the awesomeforce of my afro is present in both. :D

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Afro- never left BH, just MR.
The rest of you- Bacteria left for specific reasons, the reason it died so fast was the fact that we were getting spammed trolled and members were getting scared off.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 pm

See, even Bacteria is tired of all this stupid forum drama that has been plaguing us all for the last year or more! Let bygones be bygones and all of this petty stuff can just go away!

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Don't see why bacteria gets to complain when he was the cause of much of the drama. :roll:

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm

the fact that he is leaving the drama behind him and sticking with what the hobby is all about, actually BUILDING THINGS, speaks volumes in my book. Rather than stick around and be involved with all the dramatics he left. It takes a lot of cojones to just say "forget you guys, I'll go do what actually matters, building things".

And just so this thread doesnt get out of hand remember: If you can't say anything nice DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.