Comix Zone... Coolest game I've played.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

ValiantVenality
Portablizer
Comix Zone... Coolest game I've played.

Post by ValiantVenality » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 am

Hey there. Yesterday, I finally went to my local used video game store and bought myself a Sega Genesis. The deal was if you buy 2 games then you get the third free. So I looked and they didn't have the largest selection, but it was better than I've seen at most places. I got Sonic 2 (Obviously), Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition, and Comix Zone. I heard something about Comix Zone in the past, and I heard it was suppose to be pretty awesome. So I went home plugged it in, threw in Comix Zone, and WOW. Just awesome. Going from panel to panel. Beating up bad guys. Pure win, if you ask me. I think the Genesis is finally the system I've always been looking for. Is there any games/systems that you just love to play? That anytime of the day you could just pick up and play and have hours of fun. The Genesis is definatly the best system I've ever played. So indulge me on some of your expierences. I'd love to hear about them.

VV

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Re: Comix Zone... Coolest game I've played.

Post by gamemasterAS » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Whenever I see a Neo Geo arcade system I get lost in Metal Slug for awhile.
Last edited by gamemasterAS on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Don't you mean Metal Slug?

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:38 pm

wallydawg wrote:Don't you mean Metal Slug?
Whoa, I must be really out of it. :lol:

skeneegee

Post by skeneegee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Comix Zone is great! If you press and hold the attack button, you tear the page and make a lethal paper airplane.
Notorious wrote:Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 pm

tis a great game i had it for dos
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:43 pm

I always liked Jungle Strike in my Sega Genesis games. To really do much with the game I always had to use a cheat code for 21 lives, but it was good. It's nothing incredibly creative like Comix Zone, but you should get some good fun out of it for the money.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Knux the Fox
Steam ID:knuxthefox

Post by Knux the Fox » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:16 am

I used to have the game, and still in my memory is....okay go into Options and Jukebox. From there use the C button to input a secret code with the following music tracks. 3,12,17,2,2,10,2,7,7,11. When entered correctly, you will hear and "Oh yeah!". Start the game, and you will be invincible for the entire game. The only thing that will kill you is getting crushed, falling down a pit, or not defeating the final boss in time. If you like the game, you should definitely check into the SegaTunes CD of Comix Zone, or check Youtube for it as it's only 6 songs. It's the rock style of the time (Alice In Chains, Soundgarden) performed by a fictional band named "Roadkill". It's pretty awesome as the songs in the game are clearly made to be grunge rock songs. This is the only SegaTunes CD of this nature. The rest are Techo or Euro Mixes, or just redone with commercial-quality synthesizers.

I recall there also being a stage select code you can enter as well, but I never committed that to memory. Who needs a stage select when the game is so great? Why would you want to skip that?

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:05 pm

haha i remember comix zone as the included game when my family bought a Packard Bell, our first computer. I actually got Comix Zone AND Sonic CD. I had a very entertaining first computer.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

Dr. Killjoy
360 GamerTag:DrKilljoy59
Steam ID:drkilljoy88

Post by Dr. Killjoy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:16 am

I think for me, it would have to be Super C. I know some people have a different relationship with it when compared to the first Contra, but I love it (I guess it's because I played Super C before Contra, idk).

But yea, this game was everything for me. Whenever I was bored and didn't know what to play, I'd put it in and be entertained for an hour or so (depending on whether or not I used the 99 lives cheat :wink: ). Plus, this was a game simple enough that my dad could play it with me and enjoy it. And there'd be times that we'd sit in front of the NES and play it to the finish.

I still play it nowadays, from time to time, but it's with an emulator on my PSP.

VIVA LA SCATTERGUN!
Check out my FS/T thread!
See my feedback here.