Discussion of pain tolerance and Oreo Tower Competition

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Tchay
Discussion of pain tolerance and Oreo Tower Competition

Post by Tchay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:42 am

Okay so my hot glue gun is REALLY messed up. hot molten glue dripped from the BACK end out onto my hand!!! argggggg. (this happened 5minutes ago literally)

So I drenched the 3/4 inch of wounded skin in triple anti-biotic ointment (only after rubbing an icecube on it for 5minutes). I am an Eagle scout but still, this freakin hurts! So any other advice would be great. Any advice to prevent scarring?!?!?!?!?

thx

Edit: more appropriate title :P
Last edited by Tchay on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: ahhh hot glue burns!!!

Post by vskid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:09 am

Tchay wrote:Any advice to prevent scarring?!?!?!?!?
Pfft.
Cold water/ice are about the only things that'll help. The antibiotic should help it heal better. Depending on how bad it is, you might want to wrap it in gauze with antibiotic on it.

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:44 am

Keep it protected, and don't let dirt and crap get into it.

At least the hot glue didn't get on your fingernails... It will make a grown man cry like a baby.

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:31 pm

limpport wrote:Keep it protected, and don't let dirt and crap get into it.

At least the hot glue didn't get on your fingernails... It will make a grown man cry like a baby.
oh that happened earlier. I should have taken the warning...
Image Image

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:43 pm

heh, big deal. I get burned all the time by my soldering iron and hot glue gun. I even leaned into my iron for a couple of seconds with my elbow (But I could not feel it weird.) kids these days are to wimpy.

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:12 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:heh, big deal. I get burned all the time by my soldering iron and hot glue gun. I even leaned into my iron for a couple of seconds with my elbow (But I could not feel it weird.) kids these days are to wimpy.
hahaha um im not sure readily admitting that you leaned into a soldering iron qualifies you as a Bruce Willis.
Image Image

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 pm

It will not scar, it will heal fine. The best thing to do for the next few hours is to hone your skills at the "How long can I keep my hands stuck in the ice water" game.

Excellent

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:09 pm

if you get a blister pop it

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Diminuendo wrote:if you get a blister pop it
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:18 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:heh, big deal. I get burned all the time by my soldering iron and hot glue gun. I even leaned into my iron for a couple of seconds with my elbow (But I could not feel it weird.) kids these days are to wimpy.
Actually humans have almost no nerves in there elbow. Go ahead, pinch it as hard as you can.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:30 pm

thewise1 wrote:
Actually humans have almost no nerves in there elbow. Go ahead, pinch it as hard as you can.

I want you to know that I tried that just now. SO COOL! Oh and everybody, it was worth it, cuz my GC mobo connections are attached! (so that Ican reattach both halves of the board).

The blister got HUGE last night tho. I doused it in rubbing alcohol and then popped it ;) if there were girls on Benheck.com....there aren't any more hehe :twisted:
Image Image

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318

Post by brandonk318 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:34 am

Well some people have a higher pain treshold than others. I once used a soldering iron to cauterize a wound(I got bored and wanted to remove a wart from my right hand and it somewhat gushing blood...and I was at work) My coworker had a soldering iron and suggested it. Well it didn't feel like it was burning. Felt like i was getting shocked for a split second. But yeah no joke last week i burned my index finger on my left hand and it hurt.

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm

Hot glue.

It's very hot.

Hot = burns.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:36 pm

brandonk318 wrote:
Well some people have a higher pain treshold than others. I once used a soldering iron to cauterize a wound(I got bored and wanted to remove a wart from my right hand and it somewhat gushing blood...and I was at work) My coworker had a soldering iron and suggested it. Well it didn't feel like it was burning. Felt like i was getting shocked for a split second. But yeah no joke last week i burned my index finger on my left hand and it hurt.
Gotha, I take back what I said then

alentris

Post by alentris » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:02 pm

1st off, BSA all the way. Second off, this happened to me like a week ago lol. my glue gun is ANCIENT. Just don't pick at it, otherwise it'll scar reeeeeeeeeally bad.