Discussion of pain tolerance and Oreo Tower Competition

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

limpport
Re: ahhh hot glue burns!!!

Post by limpport » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 am

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
Diminuendo wrote:if you get a blister pop it
I am never ever going to eat while on benheck ever again :puke:

Erlex
Steam ID:Pelican417

Post by Erlex » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:04 am

brandonk318 wrote:
SonyPortableizer wrote:heh, big deal. I get burned all the time by my soldering iron and hot glue gun. I even leaned into my iron for a couple of seconds with my elbow (But I could not feel it weird.) kids these days are to wimpy.
Well some people have a higher pain treshold than others. I once used a soldering iron to cauterize a wound(I got bored and wanted to remove a wart from my right hand and it somewhat gushing blood...and I was at work) My coworker had a soldering iron and suggested it. Well it didn't feel like it was burning. Felt like i was getting shocked for a split second. But yeah no joke last week i burned my index finger on my left hand and it hurt.
Lol wow. The funny thing is that I have done that exact thing with a wart on my palm of my hand.

what

Post by what » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Come on!! Hot glue doesnt hurt very badly! It barely hurts at all!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:07 pm

what wrote:Come on!! Hot glue doesnt hurt very badly! It barely hurts at all!
It is all up to the glue gun you use, and to some degree, the glue sticks. I have this one gun where the stuff stays somewhat opaque and is moldable with fingers with almost no discomfort, and I have a high heat one where the glue will definitely leave a really nasty burn with blisters everywhere the glue touched.

Excellent

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:03 pm

palmertech wrote:
what wrote:Come on!! Hot glue doesnt hurt very badly! It barely hurts at all!
It is all up to the glue gun you use, and to some degree, the glue sticks. I have this one gun where the stuff stays somewhat opaque and is moldable with fingers with almost no discomfort, and I have a high heat one where the glue will definitely leave a really nasty burn with blisters everywhere the glue touched.
Yep, and you can guess which one I had. Lets just say the hot glue caused a lot of my solder connections to break when I applied it....

Oh and an update on injury: its almost gone (I've been putting polysporin on it literally every day), just a little pink now.
Image Image

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:57 pm

While doing hail damage repair in Dallas a couple of years ago a friend's son burned himself.

He was holding the glue gun and about to put some glue on the glue tab we use. He turned to talk to a co-worker not realizing he was squeezing the trigger. Glue poured out over his hand. Third degree burns to the bone in spots. It was ugly. He stayed in the hospital a few days and had to have some surgery later to fix it. :shock:
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

smitty

Post by smitty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:10 pm

hailrazer wrote:While doing hail damage repair in Dallas a couple of years ago a friend's son burned himself.

He was holding the glue gun and about to put some glue on the glue tab we use. He turned to talk to a co-worker not realizing he was squeezing the trigger. Glue poured out over his hand. Third degree burns to the bone in spots. It was ugly. He stayed in the hospital a few days and had to have some surgery later to fix it. :shock:
Ouch. :shock: I've never burned myself, but one time I did get glue on my fingers. It must not have been very hot, because it didn't burn and came off pretty easily when I washed it. They probably had low temperature guns because it was at the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. :roll:
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:32 pm

hailrazer wrote:While doing hail damage repair in Dallas a couple of years ago a friend's son burned himself.

Oh my gosh, thats so sad! Hopefully he can still use his hand normally :shock:

Yeah, I should probably admit that I burnt myself again last night, guys. Lol, this is kind of sad considering I am an Eagle Scout. But the glue started ooozing out the back end again, even though I had it tilted down! This glue gun is trying to kill me, I swear.lousy 2 dollar piece of crap!
Image Image

what

Post by what » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Get a new one, or try to build a better one :wink: !

Master Kirby

Post by Master Kirby » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:01 am

Tchay wrote:.... I am an Eagle scout but still, this freakin hurts! .....
Do Eagle Scouts get a +1 Heat Resistance? I guess not.

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318

Post by brandonk318 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Master Kirby wrote:
Dude, nice... I was unaware that the Eagle Scouts even had a point system...makes me wish I was a scout...lol

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:23 pm

brandonk318 wrote:
Master Kirby wrote:
Dude, nice... I was unaware that the Eagle Scouts even had a point system...makes me wish I was a scout...lol

Eagle Scout stats

350000/350000HP
Heat resistance +1
Survival + 1
Getting into college + 1
Getting a job +1000
Sexiness + 1000
Image Image

simon66

Post by simon66 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:19 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:heh, big deal. I get burned all the time by my soldering iron and hot glue gun. I even leaned into my iron for a couple of seconds with my elbow (But I could not feel it weird.) kids these days are to wimpy.

No wonder you have a picture of American Dad..... Great cartoon....

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Tchay wrote:
brandonk318 wrote:
Master Kirby wrote:

Eagle Scout stats

350000/350000HP
Heat resistance +1
Survival + 1
Getting into college + 1
Getting a job +1000
Sexiness + 1000

I think you mean:

Heat resistance =+1
Survival =+100

I mean Freaking they (we) were boy scouts! Living off a knife and sharp intellect.

Though I have to disagree with the bottom two stats as well. Most that I knew weren't exactly know for there skills with the ladies...or keeping a job....No merit badges for those.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:22 pm

If only there were lol...but then, I know I would've failed the girls one for sure XD.

Darn age thing...I should've been an eagle scout, but I joined the scouts a few months too late, and so I turned 18 shortly before becoming eligible for eagle. weaaaaaaaak. :(

my stats are only:

200000/200000HP
Heat resistance +1
Survival + 1
Getting into college +/- 0
Getting a job +/- 0
Sexiness - 2
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato